Will this tach work

I have an older digatron tach that I pulled off of a jr dragster and was wanting to use it on my go kart. I had it laying around and I havnt ran the jr in a while because I no longer fit in it but I was wondering if I could use this tach. It is all I have for a tach and I dont have the funds to buy a mychron because I am only 15 and in school. I am just wanting to know rpm and a few temps that I feel like it is important to know. Will it work?
https://www.uswingnuts.com/store/store.php/products/egt-cht-tach-gauge

I dont plan on using it like a mychron where I can look at the current rpms, I just wanna see what the max rpm was for that time out on the track and what the max temps were during the lap.

If that is all the information you want. It should do the trick. Until you can afford a better one. I see a lot of used Mycron 4s for sale around $200. Would be better. But if you can't afford one! That is not an option.

8C58558B-C784-4CA5-B0A4-EEE93214725D.jpeg

we still use that same tach on our clone heavy kart and jr1 kart.

I have an older digatron tach that I pulled off of a jr dragster and was wanting to use it on my go kart. I had it laying around and I havnt ran the jr in a while because I no longer fit in it but I was wondering if I could use this tach. It is all I have for a tach and I dont have the funds to buy a mychron because I am only 15 and in school. I am just wanting to know rpm and a few temps that I feel like it is important to know. Will it work?
https://www.uswingnuts.com/store/store.php/products/egt-cht-tach-gauge
I use an older digatron like yours. works fine for me. simple to use. has a max recall. all I care about is CHT and rpms.i have a mythology 4 but still struggle using it. I'm old and stubborn

Agree they work fine .
Compatibility with the mychron beacon is the only problem i had .
It would work just erratic . For the lap times .
Operator error or equipment or both .

I have a mychron 3 that needs the leads for it as I don’t have any extras but will double check. You can have it. It is cracked but works fine. Anyone else willing to help him out with some leads for a mychron 3?

Back