Wisconsin/Subaru 8 hp Flathead+Turbo???????

WetWilly

So I have this flathead 8hp and because of the flathead design the intake and exhaust are right next to each other, I was wondering if a turbo could be possible. It would be relatively easy to mount because the intake and exhaust are right next to each other, but would it, like, even work? Would the engine send its connecting rod to China? I think it would be the perfect engine except for the fact that it is fully stocked and (as far as I know) there are no billet parts I can get for it. Is a Wisconsin Robin EY27W. It was near impossible to find a manual I doubt there are parts. If I do get a turbo and get that hooked up, I would assume a draw-through would be the best bet. If so what carburetor should I use? Thanks for any and all advice.

If, as posted in several threads, money is no object, why start with a piece of crap to test your theory.

There are several billet blocks, heads, cranks and internals available to build bulletproof basis for whatever experiment you wish to try.

Pick one and be better prepared to work out your own personal learning curve.

Most of the questions asked indicate you do not have basic premise of requirements for the project you propose.

Back