wka books and others rule books

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
ok, I was once told by an old timer, the rules are for the other guy... build it and go racing.. HOWEVER.. over the years I've learned that you at least need a copy of the rules. SO.. Where should I get, and what books should it get to ensure that I'm with in the rules.. Motor, chassis, whatever..
at this point I'm not racing at a track that has rules, but eventually I will and would like to start building with in the frame work so I don't get DQ'd.. and can have a good time

thanks

ok, I was once told by an old timer, the rules are for the other guy... build it and go racing.. HOWEVER.. over the years I've learned that you at least need a copy of the rules. SO.. Where should I get, and what books should it get to ensure that I'm with in the rules.. Motor, chassis, whatever..
at this point I'm not racing at a track that has rules, but eventually I will and would like to start building with in the frame work so I don't get DQ'd.. and can have a good time

thanks

What motor and class are you running, it will also help to know what tracks you plan on running and see what rules they follow for your class, flathead and animal will more than likely be WKA rules, and clone will be AKRA, chassis rules will be the same for both rule sets

used kart is on it's way,.. motor I will be getting is a lo206 (6100) trying to find the proper publication so I can do some educating directly from the rules in which national tracks and divisions use. we are just getting started, track where we can run wants to try and standardize the karting... owner not interested in doing the leg work.. so I AM... have kids and nephews and nieces that want to get into it.. so we are working real hard on getting knowledge... if we can make it work we will have 6 karts with mostly kids in them by opening day (late april) all running close to the same stuff..

standardize or DELETE the class..

Back