wka ces animal class - chassis help

staats27

Wondering what the rules are for 4 cycle versus 2 cycle body/tread width. I have it setup for 2cycle which measures 38 1/8 for my tread width but I'm going to convert to 4 cycle. It has a 36.5 inch body. So my question is does it need to be at least 38 1/2 tread width (which I've seen before I think) and do you have to run the 38 body work? I've looked in the Wka manual but can't seem to find it. Only thing I've seen is the 28 inch width rule. If anyone knows and can direct me to the manual reference I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm not wanting to buy new body work but I will if it comes down to it. Thank you in advance!

36" in the minimum width for road racing sprint sit up 358.6.6 in my 2012 edition. You can have 1/2 of the tread width exposed but in all seriousness the fast setup is 36" wide, rim flush with the side panels. Getting your vertical CG right may force you to widen the track but I would avoid going more than an inch or so past the panel, moving seat or weight up/down is to your advantage, up for increased side bite, down for less. Two wheeling is exciting and looks cool at 60+ mph but its not the fast way around the track.

Regan is indeed the man, watched his bumper get further and further away many times..

Didn't CES add a class geared towards a sprint course setup (upright seat, wider stance, less bodywork? I would think that's what he had in mind here.

Back