Wka

oldracer

WKA has become as bad as NASCAR THEY WANT TO MAKE US RUN GAS MOTORS THAT IS BULL GAS IS AS MUCH AS ALCOHOL . THEY NEED TO LET US RUN TIRES AS WE WANT. THE NATIONALS ARE A JOKE ANYMORE THE DIRT GUYS HAVE THREE TIMES AS MUCH ENTRANTS YOU LET CERTAIN PEOPLE PREDICT WHAT TO DO ITS NOT FUEL THAT COST . LETS OPEN IT UP AGAIN AS WE DID BEFORE. NATIONALS ARE GOING DOWN HILL BIG TIME. WKA IS A BIG JOKE ANYMORE

WKA has become as bad as NASCAR THEY WANT TO MAKE US RUN GAS MOTORS THAT IS BULL GAS IS AS MUCH AS ALCOHOL . THEY NEED TO LET US RUN TIRES AS WE WANT. THE NATIONALS ARE A JOKE ANYMORE THE DIRT GUYS HAVE THREE TIMES AS MUCH ENTRANTS YOU LET CERTAIN PEOPLE PREDICT WHAT TO DO ITS NOT FUEL THAT COST . LETS OPEN IT UP AGAIN AS WE DID BEFORE. NATIONALS ARE GOING DOWN HILL BIG TIME. WKA IS A BIG JOKE ANYMORE

The reason dirt has more entry's has nothing to do with wka, its because there are so many more dirt tracks around the country. The reason gas is the spec fuel is because anyone can pull up to a gas station and pump gas into a jug and go racing, no need to order it by the 55gal drum or by the gallon from someone who sells alky....its the availability of the fuel. Local/budget racers are what keeps tracks open, those racers can't afford to have to buy fuel online or somewhere and have to pay shipping on it too when they can simply go to one of the country's million gas stations and get pump gas. Not sure where you live but here gas is $2.25 a gallon, alky is $5 gallon. I have not even seen any Wka dirt races aroud here, AKRA is the santioning body that most tracks use since Wka shot them self in the foot trying to ban tire prep. Its natural for things to evolve and progress as time goes on, not backwards like you are apparently wanting. Seems like alot of people who got out of karting some years ago are now getting back into it and instead of trying to get with today's racing program and learn how to be competitive, they want everything to go back to the way it was when they left, and its not going to happen, sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings but times change and sports evolve. You think Nascar or any other sport would be what they are today if they still did things the way they did in the 60's, 70's or 80's? No, they would not.

Too many people complaining and not enough people trying to just have fun and race is a big problem these days it seems! Its like everyone wants the tracks to drop what they are doing and change everything for just them or something. This isn't Nascar or Formula 1, its gokart racing for Christ sakes

Sourcing fuel is the least of your concerns if you are racing wka. Nationals or otherwise.

seems like a major change.

No offense W5R, but don't get too carried away about "going backwards" when WKA's participation numbers were far greater than today. I myself have been a proponent of choice, not stamped out cookie cutter classes with cookie cutter rules. And as far as NASCAR being where they are today, they've got their own list of issues that are not filling stands with spectators like they used to. Maybe they've evolved into something that too closely resembles IROC, and we know what happened to that series of "cookie cutter" cars. NASCAR's only advantage is the "choice" of Ford, Chevy, etc. I agree though with doing what participants want. It's RACING, not a parade. With that being said, we are indeed more fortunate it's kart racing, not NASCAR. GoodYear would sure want to argue that, being the ONLY tire allowed in NASCAR and not wanting to waste $$ on karting.

I know they have their issues, what sport doesn't have its issues? I agree with you there, but I'm not going to complain about it because I know it wont do a bit of good. Just seems like people want things to go back to the way they were instead of taking the time to learn how to race in todays racing.

No offense W5R, but don't get too carried away about "going backwards" when WKA's participation numbers were far greater than today. I myself have been a proponent of choice, not stamped out cookie cutter classes with cookie cutter rules. And as far as NASCAR being where they are today, they've got their own list of issues that are not filling stands with spectators like they used to. Maybe they've evolved into something that too closely resembles IROC, and we know what happened to that series of "cookie cutter" cars. NASCAR's only advantage is the "choice" of Ford, Chevy, etc. I agree though with doing what participants want. It's RACING, not a parade. With that being said, we are indeed more fortunate it's kart racing, not NASCAR. GoodYear would sure want to argue that, being the ONLY tire allowed in NASCAR and not wanting to waste $$ on karting.

Well with karts its kinda the same....a lot of tracks only run one certain brand tire as well. If you don't have Burris don't show up at the track....if you don't run maxxis that doesn't work.....why not open tire rules at tracks?

Because with open tire rule, you would likely need several sets of several brands just to be competitive....rather than several sets of one brand. Id much rather have several sets of one brand than to have to buy multiple brands. Have you ever seen the inside of someones trailer who runs up front at a track with open tire rule? Not a track out in someones backyard that might get 10 karts, but a track where there is 50+ karts any given night.....both walls lined with tires of all brands

Seems everyone today wants to "level the playing field". I'm not as fast as you or as smart as you in the set up or engine department, so, I want you to come down to my level so I can be competitive. They've taken racing out of racing.....jmo.

Seems everyone today wants to "level the playing field". I'm not as fast as you or as smart as you in the set up or engine department, so, I want you to come down to my level so I can be competitive. They've taken racing out of racing.....jmo.

Exactly what i was thinking....its called racing for a reason

Makes sense on the tires,but if you run a few different tracks you wind up with all the tires and wheels anyways.

Not really the case everywhere....in Ky pretty much all tracks have Burris only rule, most have a Burris 33A only rule actually. Cuts down on the tire bill a little but not alot

Because with open tire rule, you would likely need several sets of several brands just to be competitive....rather than several sets of one brand. Id much rather have several sets of one brand than to have to buy multiple brands. Have you ever seen the inside of someones trailer who runs up front at a track with open tire rule? Not a track out in someones backyard that might get 10 karts, but a track where there is 50+ karts any given night.....both walls lined with tires of all brands

Now try 600 plus entries, see what that would end up with as far as tires if was an open rule.

600 entries at a burris only event means you need 10 to 15 sets cut differently,prepped differently,with different durometer readings to be competitive,how is that cheaper than an open tire rule?

600 entries at a burris only event means you need 10 to 15 sets cut differently,prepped differently,with different durometer readings to be competitive,how is that cheaper than an open tire rule?

You dont need that many sets at a burris rule track, lake stated most tracks have a burris 33a rule, and at most 4 sets will have you competitive
Open tire rule? 4 sets of burris, 4 sets of maxxis, 4 sets of vega's, 4 sets of stones, now tell me how does an open tire rule save karters money?

It isn't, it's like most of the money saving rules in racing. It cost the racing teams more in the long run.

You dont need that many sets at a burris rule track, lake stated most tracks have a burris 33a rule, and at most 4 sets will have you competitive
Open tire rule? 4 sets of burris, 4 sets of maxxis, 4 sets of vega's, 4 sets of stones, now tell me how does an open tire rule save karters money?

Yea that's right, I have been at races like this, and the top runners are basically using 3 or 4 sets all day or night. Sure the more tires you can have the better chance you have, but with Burris you dont absolutely have to have 15 sets of tires to be fast even at races with hundreds of entries. Jamie (XXX#40) used to own Clay City Ky's track at one point and knows this, that was one of the best tracks in the country back when it was open and you would see 100+ entries just about any given day there, alot of the fast guys only had 5-6 sets with them at the track, and that track was true red clay I believe

The more sets you have would seem to me that it would increase the chances that you might wind up with the wrong set on for the change of track conditions.

It isn't, it's like most of the money saving rules in racing. It cost the racing teams more in the long run.

If there was a "like" button here on Bob's I would click it.. I have often said that rules cost racers money, the rules designed to save racers money usually cost the most. Nice post Lou.

Back