Wka

Seems everyone today wants to "level the playing field". I'm not as fast as you or as smart as you in the set up or engine department, so, I want you to come down to my level so I can be competitive. They've taken racing out of racing.....jmo.

Great opinion Harry's, that's exactly how I see it!

gas class is nothing but a fun kart at our local town. alcohol is 5 bucks gas the best grade 5 bucks no savings.why not just get an animal motor out of the shipping box and just race it.then we need no rules run those hard tires as the fun track . and switching to gas your trailer smells like lawn care company who cuts grass. .tire rule / rim change just cost every karter money and more work to change the tire. open it up as I said WKA. if you want to run up front buy tires.

You dont need that many sets at a burris rule track, lake stated most tracks have a burris 33a rule, and at most 4 sets will have you competitive
Open tire rule? 4 sets of burris, 4 sets of maxxis, 4 sets of vega's, 4 sets of stones, now tell me how does an open tire rule save karters money?

The ones that are wanting an open tire rule obviously have never ran where ones been permitted. An open tire rule is at least 5-10 times more expensive on the competitive racer than a single brand tire rule is.

The ones that are wanting an open tire rule obviously have never ran where ones been permitted. An open tire rule is at least 5-10 times more expensive on the competitive racer than a single brand tire rule is.
If you believe that I got a bridge for sale in N.Y.
In the last 5 yrs. my grandson has only run open tire races and only bought 2 diff. [brands] sets and has money left over from his tire budget to by new tires this season . Like I have always said since I raced Nascar Mods in the 90's The single tire rule is what killed my tire budget. When we from open tire rule to a single brand my tire bill increased by 50%.

gas class is nothing but a fun kart at our local town. alcohol is 5 bucks gas the best grade 5 bucks no savings.why not just get an animal motor out of the shipping box and just race it.then we need no rules run those hard tires as the fun track . and switching to gas your trailer smells like lawn care company who cuts grass. .tire rule / rim change just cost every karter money and more work to change the tire. open it up as I said WKA. if you want to run up front buy tires.

The best grade gas doesnt help a bit over using regular 87 when it comes to the clones and 4cycle engines anyways, just a waste of money unless the engine has the compression to make use of the higher octane fuel. I laugh everytime i hear someone saying their clone runs on 110 race fuel

Competitive racer being the keywords there....the guys that arent that competitive simply wont understand, they will think that opening up the tire rule increases their chance of being competitive and lowers their tire bill. The ones saying open tire rule is cheaper are probably the ones running at tracks that only have 10 or less karts in each class each weekend. I can go to my local track and run up front every single weekend with just a couple sets, no problem....but try that at one of the bigger races and ill get my *** handed to me, been there and done that lol

LOL!!!!!!!! I was racing karts for 30+ years before they started "one brand only" formats. We used what worked and stuck with them. And 5 to 10 times more expensive? Please share your documentation which proves such a claim. Can you?

Competitive racer being the keywords there....the guys that arent that competitive simply wont understand,
I think when we ended up 5th in the national standings , running the tour for 15+ races there was competition.
With the open tire rule my tire bill was 300to 500 wkly. The next season I had to buy the spec. brand and compound and my tire bill went from 660to800 wkly.
Please tell me this was cheaper. I'm not quite a virgin at this racing game .

WKA has become as bad as NASCAR THEY WANT TO MAKE US RUN GAS MOTORS THAT IS BULL GAS IS AS MUCH AS ALCOHOL . THEY NEED TO LET US RUN TIRES AS WE WANT. THE NATIONALS ARE A JOKE ANYMORE THE DIRT GUYS HAVE THREE TIMES AS MUCH ENTRANTS YOU LET CERTAIN PEOPLE PREDICT WHAT TO DO ITS NOT FUEL THAT COST . LETS OPEN IT UP AGAIN AS WE DID BEFORE. NATIONALS ARE GOING DOWN HILL BIG TIME. WKA IS A BIG JOKE ANYMORE
gas may very well be very close to the same price per gallon as alcohol, but you use twice as much alcohol as gas. Gasoline burns stoichiometric at 14 – 1, alcohol burns stoichiometric at about 6 – 1. Alcohol is very hard on aluminum parts, so after you run it, you have to flush it out. Not saying there's no advantage to running alcohol, but there are disadvantages also.

Simplest thing to do is run a track where you like their rules or just take up Bowling. You just ain't going to satisfy everybody. If you don't believe me ask my wife!!!!

Back