Would this kart/seat be legal for UAS?

SkyCat45

IMG_4122.jpeg
IMG_4124.jpeg

Whether is it legal or not, I think you will find that it will not be very effective with kart handling. Your GC is way too high unless you're racing on a very slick track or ice racing.

Brian #89

Legal or not a seat that doesn't laydown at all will affect how the kart handles in a negative way for dirt ovals on that kind of chassis.

You’ll be fine, give it a try if it’s what you have.
If it's under the max height rule, it is legal in UAS.

There’s no rule on seat height.

Legal or not a seat that doesn't laydown at all will affect how the kart handles in a negative way for dirt ovals on that kind of chassis.
Paul Deasy 707 ran one successfully for many years… I’ll look for pictures later.
Plenty of video can be found on The Chautauqua Machine blog from over the years. He ran with KUAS for many years.

Guy used to kick arse with a 79 bandit chassis in our area for several yrs until he had a bad car accident.he knew how to get it to go thru the corner.he was fast.🤷🏻‍♂️
Ya can make anything work if ya mess with it enough.

Guy used to kick arse with a 79 bandit chassis in our area for several yrs until he had a bad car accident.he knew how to get it to go thru the corner.he was fast.🤷🏻‍♂️
Ya can make anything work if ya mess with it enough.
That depends on where you are racing and the level of your competition. Not in the Carolinas, I guarantee.

There is a maximum height rule for UAS karts, not specific to the seat, but an overall maximum height. nothing on the kart itself (not the driver) can exceed that height.

That rule only pertains to body height. There are no rules on the seat it's self, it does not in any shape or form mention nothing can be higher than the body panels. Besides other parts of the body.

Back