Wrapping tires question

Arc Angel 18

I know this has been posted on here before, but I cant remember how long ago and I figure someone could answer this quick. What is the purpose of suran wrapping your tires before each weeks races? I'm mainly just wondering does it let the prep soak in deeper or what does it really do?

In my opinion it does NOTHING and I've herd some well know tire guy's say the same thing, but the theory is it keeps them from drying out as quick.

It is to keep the prep from evaporating when you are using a conditioner on your tires, used to be done alot back when people were mostly using homebrews and wd40 but is not needed these days with prep being advanced as it is. It was mostly used with tranny fluid mixes if I remember right.

The only time I've wrapped tires was in the winter trying to get the duro way down for a cold race day.

It is mostly done with big cars now, and for their purpose is to keep the rubber fresh and from drying out.
Karters was to help keep the prep in the tire longer. The technology of the prep game has come a long ways, and for most, wrapping is not recommended.

I dont have a tire roller so I have been needeling my tires ane preping from outside. It seems that if I prep them and wrap with foil that the prep goes deeper into the rubber and I also use less prep. Yes it does keep them fresher if preped early in the week.

I dont have a tire roller so I have been needeling my tires ane preping from outside. It seems that if I prep them and wrap with foil that the prep goes deeper into the rubber and I also use less prep. Yes it does keep them fresher if preped early in the week.

Depending on the type of prep used this may be good for you, but if its a prep designed to evaporate it may hurt some. The evaporation of certain chemicals is what does the magic.

Back