Yamaha KT 100 Clutch

Does anyone know of boot clutch with low lookup similar to the clutch used in Australia?

Setting up practice kart with DD87 DD pipe.. Push starting at 60 years is not appealing.

Lock rpm’s say less than 5000 revs.

thanks for assistrance.

Any clutch can be set up for a low lock up like you want if it has light springs and heavier weights available. If it has 6 springs you can leave 3 out and set the rest for max height. Also, use the lowest air gap recommended. I think if you just get a 3 disk Patriot from Comet and set it for the lowest stall speed it will do what you want even though it might slip a little in the tightest turn it will still virtually be direct drive.

Last edited:
Any clutch can be set up for a low lock up like you want if it has light springs and heavier weights available. If it has 6 springs you can leave 3 out and set the rest for max height. Also, use the lowest air gap recommended. I think if you just get a 3 disk Patriot from Comet and set it for the lowest stall speed it will do what you want even though it might slip a little in the tightest turn it will still virtually be direct drive.
Thanks for assistance.

Don't know if you're still looking, but I have a low-stall 1 disc clutch for KT-100, I think. I'll dig in the shop. Yours for $50 plus shipping. IIRC, it's a Horstman HDC-5.

Back