Yellow Vega Question

Millenium32

Do I need to inside prep Yellow Vega's??? The track I'm goin to is very, very soft and damp and needs soft and sticky tires. Vega's are popular around there and one boy up there wins all the time with them.

What preps do you currently have and how soft do you need them? I have a lot of experience with soft vegas and will help you if you want.

We have had good luck using Earl's SoCo Red on Vegas the last couple of months. Great customer service at the track and great guy to deal with.

When we work Vegas, we roll them internally with Pink Panther, then hit the outsides with a much harsher prep (softener and bite) like Monster Bite. For the high 40s durometer set I'd be on 2 ounces Pink Panther internal right sides and 1 oz. left sides. Wipe externally with Pink Panther only.

You would want a second set to be in the high 30s. 4 ounces internal right sides, 3 oz LR and 2 oz LF, then wipe externally with Monster Bite to get them where you want them. A couple wipes will do.

Now, if you are limited to sets of tires, you can take your first set that you've run in the heats, and wipe them trackside with Monster Bite to bring them down in duro easily enough, but you'll struggle to get them backup for the following weekend if needed. Monster Bite doesn't hardened right back up like goat...Burning goat will get them down in a pinch, but they'll harden back up (and dry out) during the following week.

Hard to beat a set of Vega Yellows worked down for a wet slick track -- Hoosier A40s have been getting some attention though lately....we work them exactly the same way for what it's worth.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If you are going to use Track Tac I would recommend a 50/50 mix of SAA Grape and BTGP Red. Roll 3 oz in the right sides and 1.5oz in the lefts. Give them at least 5 days to cure then wipe the outsides with the same mixture to get your desired duro reading.

Back