Yellow Vega tire duro for Clay City

Blakec9

Hey guys, I'm going down to Clay City for the big race in November. I haven't been there in 20 plus year so I don't know anything about the surface. Does anyone have any good suggestions on duro numbers for down there? I'm running big HP on yellow Vegas. Thanks

Hey guys, I'm going down to Clay City for the big race in November. I haven't been there in 20 plus year so I don't know anything about the surface. Does anyone have any good suggestions on duro numbers for down there? I'm running big HP on yellow Vegas. Thanks
It'll be sandy, last time you was there was right after Brian and I built it, it was Clay then somewhere about 56-58

Less bite, not as big, flatter, and obviously cool ground temps.
Duro numbers on Yellows are somewhat arbitrary when you throw big HP at them...they WILL heat up unless they get a bunch of rain and it ends up wet and slick.
I'd be on pretty much stock duro (50-ish) and roll them internally, with a wipe or two of bite on the outside to get them to hit at the drop of the green.
Our Pink Panther (2 ounce right sides, 1 ounce lefts) internally.
Our Monster Bite (2 light wipes right before going to the grid.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I'd verify that Vegas are permitted for the race you're planning on running. I can tell you last week at the Burris Nationals for clones the tires probably started off in the high 50's and were hit with some aggressive prep. Some people were putting in multiple rounds while others were striking at the grid

Back