Yellow Vegas

W Lindsey

When running yellows what sizes do you run LR RR? Do you run the same size and gain your stagger by stretching the RR?

i am trying to get 1.5 stagger with vegas trying to stretch rr 1/4 inch
With Vegas, 1.5 should be easy up front. What width Left rear rim you on. Running a smaller track? I can get 1.5 stager on a 8 3/4 lr.. I try and keep my right sides the same at 34".. But I have a set of 2 that I have streched for certain track..

Oh by the way, Tucker, dont be suprised we get called out for a question on a 2014 thread. You, being new, prolly used the search window that is highly recommended on here to find usefull info.. But, when a new racer brings up old posts looking for such info its like you broke the Law.. It happens all the time, and I could name a few of them .. Other than that, Staggering Vegas isnt that bad.. Good Luck. :) ..

i am trying to get 1.5 stagger with vegas trying to stretch rr 1/4 inch
Keep your right sides @ 34." Easy to stretch a tire by adding air and heating the tire. Let cool to room temp and then set it at your race pressure and measure. repeat as necessary

Shrinking involves removing the valve core and heating the tire , then putting the valve core back in and either set the tire in the freezer or let dunk it in ice cold water. Remove it and pull the valve core, then let the tire warm to room temperature. Reinstall the valve core and air to race pressure and measure. repeat as necessary. (You can skip the freeze/ice water step if you are only adjusting the size a small amount.)

1 1/2" rear stagger with 34" right sides is very attainable. As Jamie said, I like to use an 8 3/4" LR wheel for 32 1/2" or smaller left rears. If you're insistent on using an 8 1/2" wide LR wheel, then be ready to size/shrink that corner.

Nothing wrong with using the search bar, or even asking the same question as others over the years. Happens all the time. I've probably answered tire sizing questions dozens of times myself. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

my left rear is 33 give or take right sides 34 1/8 to 34 1/4 i will measure all my rims to see what they are.. i am trying to get a pair with 2" stagger for dubois next year.

Back