16 year absence

S.Dalton

I'm from the Muncie, IN area looking to get back into kart racing after being away from it for 16 years. I'm looking for a dirt oval track within an hour away if possible. Any help locating one would be appreciated. I use to run stock med., and stock heavy (flat head) are those classes still running strong or has the animal taken over those classes? Looking for a class with a good turn out every race before i buy anything.

Thanks in advance,
Scott Dalton

The best thing to happen in Karting in a very long time!
The fastest growing classes in the country
Check out The Briggs LO206
Call me if you want information.
920-207-9180

Yes - the clone needs blueprinted to run with higher level competition.
If you are in Muncie - go to Keller Performance and buy one of his clones. They will compete at national level.
IF on budget, the new tillotson built clones can be bought for around $150 and are supposed to be decent out of the box. You will have to add pipe, motor mount, fuel pump, chain guard, etc which equates to another $100-$150 in accessories... You will then have $250+/- in engine that might compete OK at local level.
I suggest you go to Kellers Performance Center shop at: 300 E. 30th Street,Connersville, Indiana. He will have karts setup that you can look at and learn more on what you need.
I believe most tracks are about 1.5 to 2 hrs from you unless there is something in Ohio close.
INDIANA - Lawrenceburg, Crawfordsville, Charlestown, Montgomery (And Columbus planning to open in July)..
Ohio - Willmington (Ceasars Creek)

I'm from the Muncie, IN area looking to get back into kart racing after being away from it for 16 years. I'm looking for a dirt oval track within an hour away if possible. Any help locating one would be appreciated. I use to run stock med., and stock heavy (flat head) are those classes still running strong or has the animal taken over those classes? Looking for a class with a good turn out every race before i buy anything.

Thanks in advance,
Scott Dalton

find your TRACK first and get their rules... all we run is predators in our area (harbor freight clone of a clone?) see where the numbers are in what classes... there is a new over "35yo" class here that is getting to be a popular class... we are lucky and have 2 very different tracks with the same basic rules that swap weekend.. stable rules and good kart counts... low entry fees and small payouts ($150 to win is a BIG nite) I think we are lucky...

Sad......
Frigging chinese taking over an American Sport....

Hope you all listen to the chinese national anthem before you race.
Almost got rid of them with the new tarriffs being proposed, but now it looks like President Trump is backing down. I say tax 'em and get rid of them !!

Almost got rid of them with the new tarriffs being proposed, but now it looks like President Trump is backing down. I say tax 'em and get rid of them !!

clones cost less than $25ea FOB china... they are taxed at COST so add a 25% tax and you have $31fob china... pretty sure a very small percentage of the OHV engines are produced stateside...

Thanks cking, Ben hur in Crawfordsville, is the only thing that comes up in my search pretty consistently, but their web site does not give rules or class information, what they run there. It's about 1 hr 52mins. from me, which is fine just need some info. Also familiar with Andy, is that who you use?

Ben Hur has LO 206 classes

http://www.fastermotors.net/BuyAmerican.html

I just refreshed 2 LO 206 engines from the local track. One has 7 season on it, the other has 8.
They had never been touched before they came here.
Divide the cost of the engine over 8 years and see what you come up with.
Not the clutch, air filters, exhaust systems etc you need them on any engine.
MAP price of a New LO 206 is $599.00.

Dalton, Yes I run Andy Keller stuff. I have ran a few others and Andy's motors were always as good or better.
I haven't been to Ben Hur in a while. Most tracks around here clone class is most popular. Some areas predator is picking up but it's still not popular in Indiana.

MAP
Means Minimum Advertised Price
That means that no one (me included) can advertise the price for less than that.
It does not mean you can't sell them for more or LESS if you like.
I, or anyone else can give them away or sell them for what ever price they like.:)
I know of no clones or predators being used in the sprint racing world anymore.
I used to get lots of calls from sprint racers and tracks switching from the clone to the LO 206. I don't get those calls any more. In my mind that tells me they have all switched to the LO 206. I could be wrong though.
The oval world has been a little slow to catch on but it is definitely happening.

Gotch ya.....

By the way, the Chinese have copied the Maersk now, only made it 10' longer.
(The Chinese copying ? Na, never happens)
They have already launched at least 1, and had 4 others under construction.
Guess you could call it a clone also....
You can google 'Chinese container ship' and find a lot of info on it.

I wonder when Calif will fall into the ocean because of all the weight of the stuff imported causes the San Andreas fault to slip.
Just kidding.

Back