2007 prowler set up?

kartkevin39

2007 Prowler. Been trailer kept for the past 11 years with no track time. Driver 180lbs. Class weight 375. 1/8 flat track. Suggestions for toe, stagger, and %. Thanks in advance.

46 % nose, 58 % left, 62 % cross, 2.5 RF neg camber, .5 LF pos camber, toe out the RF 1/8", 1 3/8" to 1 1/2 " front stagger, for the 1/8 mile 1 1/4" rear stagger, go over all the bearings.

Good starting information, still, I doubt that all 8th mile tracks can use the same stagger. I think the stagger should match the radius of the turn. Just my opinion. It's a simple calculation.

So if the track is the brown.... and the red line is the fast line around the track, what should the stagger be?

Attachments

• line.jpg
    line.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 15
The perfect stagger can only be calculated for 4 short areas of the kart path described. The path described is a parabola, a continuously changing radius curve. Add to that the fact that there are no measurements, makes it impossible to even get close to a workable stagger. I can say this; The stagger would be different with both tracks.

Attachments

• pete muller.jpg
    pete muller.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 21
The perfect stagger can only be calculated for 4 short areas of the kart path described. The path described is a parabola, a continuously changing radius curve. Add to that the fact that there are no measurements, makes it impossible to even get close to a workable stagger. I can say this; The stagger would be different with both tracks.
This is what we've been telling you for years, and why you cannot calculate perfect rear stagger because as you admit the radius curve is continuously changing, even IF the track were to have a perfect radius curve layout, the path the karts took would NOT match that radius curve, so again exact measurements are not needed.

This is what we've been telling you for years, and why you cannot calculate perfect rear stagger because as you admit the radius curve is continuously changing, even IF the track were to have a perfect radius curve layout, the path the karts took would NOT match that radius curve, so again exact measurements are not needed.
I never said there was!!

The perfect stagger can only be calculated for 4 short areas of the kart path described. The path described is a parabola, a continuously changing radius curve. Add to that the fact that there are no measurements, makes it impossible to even get close to a workable stagger.

Exactly!

But just above, you said this: I think the stagger should match the radius of the turn.

My simple little approximation of a kart's path should illustrate why all the measurement, calculation, and spreadsheets won't answer the question "what should the stagger be?" Which part of the "radius of the turn" do you feel the stagger should match if it's a constantly changing radius?

I am far, far from any sort of expert on LTO racing, but I listen to what the experienced racers here are talking about, and they are looking at many different things, (along with how the kart "feels") to determine what stagger to run or what direction to go in a change. Nobody seems to be going out and measuring the radius of a corner... because that's not the line the kart follows, and it probably changes constantly through a heat or throughout a race day depending on many things.

And I suspect my quick sketch probably is not even that close, as the shape of the entry line is most likely different from the shape of the exit line, not to mention the corner at one end of the track could be significantly different from the corner at the other end.

PM

Any reason to believe that this scenario is any less viable than the ones already mentioned? Notice the Radius is constant, thus the stagger can be accurately calculated! The Measurements are in inches. My CAD/CAM software doesn't understand feet. lol
pete muller 2.jpg

46 % nose, 58 % left, 62 % cross, 2.5 RF neg camber, .5 LF pos camber, toe out the RF 1/8", 1 3/8" to 1 1/2 " front stagger, for the 1/8 mile 1 1/4" rear stagger, go over all the bearings.
Toe out the RIGHT FRONT 1/8". Is that correct? First time I`ve seen anyone say right side. Have a 2008 I`m setting up to run 1/8-mile track.

Back