2008 Prowler question

bullerman

Ran a friend of mine kart last night. This is the castor setting I am running. .05 lf and2.
50 rf camber. 56
5 lt. 46.2 nose 62% cross. Running 350 box stock. The track has a lot of bank. Running burris grooved tires. 12×8x 6 right side, 7.00x6 lt rear and 5.50x6 left front.has 1 1/4 rear and 1 3/4 front. Kart seemed to handle pretty well. At slow speed I have to keep a ton of right steering wheel pressure. I know it will pull left some but I have a huge amount. Is this OK as long as the kart is handling. I remember some of my old karts pulled left but not near this much. Looking for suggestions.

Attachments

• 20220406_175443.jpg
    20220406_175443.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20220406_175438.jpg
    20220406_175438.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 43
Camber looks excessive on both sides .
The caster on the right looks wonky .
Put a angle finder on it .
One suggestion , I have done is run reverse caster .
Roll the right forward the left back then hit the gas .

Talked to the people at Prowler. On the left front I have long line to long line which is 7 degrees according to them.. on the right front I am using the rear line. Same thing long line to long line which is 10 degrees. I have .75 lf and 2.5 right front camber. If I go to 7 degrees rf and 3 degrees lf will it make the kart steer easier but not effect handling. As much as it turns left it is probably effecting speed. I have 1 3/4 stagger in the front. Both wheels all the way in. If I move the right front out some won that reduce the stagger some? Thanks for the help.
I won the last race and I think it killed a couple of them for a 75 year old to get the best of them. Lol

Are, or can you, cut the treaded tires.
Too much grip at the rr causes the nose to fight left on the straights.

If you have a rr with little tread on it with correct stagger, I would try that.

The grip in the corners is apparently good, just need more roll speed from not binding down the straights.

I think there is more to be had if you get better balance of traction around the entire lap.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
The track is at 170 slayter nichols road dry prong la.
I guess we can cut the tires. I haven't. Used to have a grooving tool but sold it years ago.
I am sure it is bound up some in the straight. I just don't know why it is doing it. The track does have a lot of banking in it. Maybe between the stagger and the track it is going to do that. At this point I only have one set of tires. Guess I could stick a set of slicks on it and see what it does. Will keep working on it.

I really wish he wouldn't make them run grooves, it just tears the track up anyway, just like them lawn mowers he lets run there.

We ran Saturday night. Track was very rough.. I went back and looked at some video of track owner and son running laps. I the video the track sounds and looks pretty smooth. Don't know why he can't get it back like that. My friend got out on the track with my ( his) box stock. It is quiet and you can hear the kart good. It sounds terrible running over the track. I am in hopes he gets it straightened out. Seems like it is less and less karts.

That's what im talking about, places like that, take pride in your track, don't show up Saturday a couple hours before the race and start working the track, I been there and saw that, we raced late ( they raced late ) I didn't put my equipment on that track. Clean up around the track ,make it look presentable. He could have a good thing there, nice size track, and banked real nice, just too back yard for me.

It is. He has been working it yesterday and last night. I hope it is better. You can't really tell by the pictures posted.

Back