2013 Slack

Purchased a 2013 slack for my daughter. So far loving the kart, I have been on slack’s website and found pretty good baseline info. What I find is odd is they make no mention of the tie rod under the seat near the brakes. I assume this is for flex? Can anyone give me info on that tie rod and what they do with it?
Thanks

Attachments

• 648C7279-FD6F-47B3-9D45-59EE15A53B65.jpeg
    648C7279-FD6F-47B3-9D45-59EE15A53B65.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 92
its a gimmick no way no how making it tight or loose will do anything to your kart. Phantom had them as well now they are gone from chassis like the wiggy bar and that adjustable tube blade that is still on the euro karts that every one takes off and throws in the trash. i think chassis manufactures do this stuff just to sell "the next hot thing you need a new chassis" And yes i own an Axiom best kart i ever had and still fast as any of the new stuff

It’s not a gimmick, it helps from bending the left rear of the kart when you stuff it in the wall. Ride a Pursuit, you might change your mind 😉

It’s not a gimmick, it helps from bending the left rear of the kart when you stuff it in the wall. Ride a Pursuit, you might change your mind 😉
??? the pursuit doesn't have one so how does it help the 8 year older axiom? the newer chassis has omitted it so even the manufacturer has admitted its uselessness there is no way a tiny little aluminum tube with two heim joints is going to move tension or do anything to a 1.25 steel tube on a diagonal is it supposed to bend you axle? Hate to say it but look how quickly PRC abandoned the Deuce why doesn't the Scythe have twin rails if its "the next thing in chassis design" if it worked it would be on all the karts like the adjustable caster/camber front ends one chassis had it they all followed and its still there.

It did work , it's not an adjustment or a handling tool .
The seat bar has moved also , helping that corner from bending .
Then there is ; the hey if they bend the Left rear there gonna need a new chassis ;) ....

its a gimmick no way no how making it tight or loose will do anything to your kart. Phantom had them as well now they are gone from chassis like the wiggy bar and that adjustable tube blade that is still on the euro karts that every one takes off and throws in the trash. i think chassis manufactures do this stuff just to sell "the next hot thing you need a new chassis" And yes i own an Axiom best kart i ever had and still fast as any of the new stuff
Lol you might want to be a little more open minded you might learn something. It absolutely has a affect on this particular chassis if you don’t think so tighten it up and see what happens. Or remove it and see how the chassis reacts. Its not a tuning device its a chassis support.

again why doesn't the current model require that piece? how does the rod support the left frame tube? How have all the karts prior to this "Support" work? in the 90s the frames were made with smaller diameter tubes how do they all not fail on the track ? how does it support when it is designed to pivot and move on both ends if I bent the chassis up or down it would simply move with the bend until the frame was bent past anywhere near where it would be under racing conditions. why doesn't the Rival, The Prodigy, the Pursuit or the Scythe have one? All of the rear frame sections in this area are all but identical to the axiom minus this support mine is loose and rattles around when I race and i have set faster lap times against the before mentioned chassis. the only proof that i need to the effectiveness of that little bar is that they don't weld them on chassis anymore. explain how the new chassis don't need them? if you want me to take it off? sure i'll let you know how this weekend goes

again why doesn't the current model require that piece? how does the rod support the left frame tube? How have all the karts prior to this "Support" work? in the 90s the frames were made with smaller diameter tubes how do they all not fail on the track ? how does it support when it is designed to pivot and move on both ends if I bent the chassis up or down it would simply move with the bend until the frame was bent past anywhere near where it would be under racing conditions. why doesn't the Rival, The Prodigy, the Pursuit or the Scythe have one? All of the rear frame sections in this area are all but identical to the axiom minus this support mine is loose and rattles around when I race and i have set faster lap times against the before mentioned chassis. the only proof that i need to the effectiveness of that little bar is that they don't weld them on chassis anymore. explain how the new chassis don't need them? if you want me to take it off? sure i'll let you know how this weekend goes
The heim joint piece supports the frame rail side to side, while allowing it to be less stiff in the vertical plane.

Part of the initial design of the chassis.

Phenom, Icon, and the seraph all had them. Nemesis had 2 pieces of tubing with a slight gap in between, same basic concept. All bad fast chassis for their time. One of the best in the business and your saying that their R&D was pointless. Even other manufacturers used it so it must have not been pointless. The wiggy bar you mentioned helped the seraph and only the seraph and it was designed for a reason totally unrelated to this thread lol. You make no sense.

LOL if that bar was 'So fast" and so awesome it would still be on all the newer chassis. the Pursuit is all but identical to the Axiom in the left rear quarter of the frame. same cross bar same nerf bar location,same cassette/axle location etc. all except for that bar you all think is so important to the design of the chassis. Some times R&D includes"how do we sell the customer a new chassis?"why is it Phantom's deuce had twin bars to stiffen the chassis and the Charger Cadet has thinner wall tubing to make it more flexible? (and yes ADULTS are buying the cadet) Phantom has all but abandoned the deuce to make way for a chassis that looks like the one before. Didn't their R&D show them stiffer=Better faster? they gave up just like everyone has with that silly bar. You can keep drinking the kool-aid all you want. doesn't make it true. the only thing i can see changing on chassis today is how they bend up he tubes to hold the motor mount and putting adjust-ability into the steering shaft and the front seat mounts. i think those are great design improvements, but not faster ones.

The duece is more comparable to the seraph on the plain and simple fact the chassis will have more mechanical bite and have better roll speed provided the tires are right. They didnt abandon it and still support it. They decided to go another route and make a more USER FRIENDLY chassis that would sell better to more people rather than the top 10% of karters that know tires. Hey news flash genius they gotta keep trying new things if they want to keep making them faster. The chassis design at the time may have not REQUIRED it but hey some extra insurance to keep the corner from having serious damage in the event of a crash was still worth it to the manufacturers. That oh so useless little bar as you call it does have an effect on how the LR corner of the chassis flexes. Tried it on multiple karts and especially on the phenom and icon the kart got uncontrollably loose but hey you must have already known that seen as you know more than everyone here...

please exp
The duece is more comparable to the seraph on the plain and simple fact the chassis will have more mechanical bite and have better roll speed provided the tires are right. They didnt abandon it and still support it. They decided to go another route and make a more USER FRIENDLY chassis that would sell better to more people rather than the top 10% of karters that know tires. Hey news flash genius they gotta keep trying new things if they want to keep making them faster. The chassis design at the time may have not REQUIRED it but hey some extra insurance to keep the corner from having serious damage in the event of a crash was still worth it to the manufacturers. That oh so useless little bar as you call it does have an effect on how the LR corner of the chassis flexes. Tried it on multiple karts and especially on the phenom and icon the kart got uncontrollably loose but hey you must have already known that seen as you know more than everyone here...
OK please explain why karts didn't have it before and don't have it now? Again the new Pursuit and Ultramax Rival both have identical left rear frame designs yet don't require a 6x.375 inch tube to prevent them from bending or making the kart loose let me know why a 2015 shattered chassis welded the connections for the little bar but didn't include it? it surely wasn't because they saved $15 dollars on a useless gimmick

Look just because its on older chassis and not newer ones has nothing to do with why it was there. Chassis dynamics evolve and people find other designs that work. There is multiple surfaces you can run an LTO on and anybody here can tell you that going from dirt to asphalt or concrete will make you want a looser or stiffer setup. You want it looser remove the bar you want it stiffer add the bar. Couple puposes to it even if you refuse to see it. Just because you see it as useless does not make it a fact that its useless.

Last edited:
Back