2021 Racing Conundrum, wwyd

jaymancds

Alright so here is the deal, assuming that the 2021 racing season is largely back to normal (I am hopeful that it will be), I have tickets to TWO big events for me on the same weekend. Both sets of tickets are paid for already and are roll overs from this year. I am a big fan of both but lean a bit more to one side as it is more of an "Event" than the other. The NHRA Heartland Nationals in Topeka, KS, and the 60th Knoxville Nationals are the same weekend. August 11-14th. Which one would you go to?

Here are some other details. Topeka is 4hrs from home, Knoxville is 6ish. Hotel stays are not a concern as I plan to tent in localish state parks. The NHRA also has a national event in St. Louis, which is a 4hr drive, and the WoO comes to I-55, Lake Ozark, and Lakeside all are roughly 3.5 hours away. Kansas is hot as crap in August. Iowa isnt much better, but it is slightly less humid in my experience. I am a fan of the NHRA, but I dream about turning laps in a 360 or 410 around Knoxville.

So which one?

NHRA, My dad races at that! The thrill you get from the top fuel cars are awesome. My favorite class that there is in NHRA is competiiton elimnator, We run in that one, there are dragsters, altereds, door cars, old pro stock trucks with motors that are 4 cylinders and some turbo v8s, nitrous v8s,and naturally aspirated cars i totally recommend going to NHRA event! I like that more than circle track to be honest!

Put the tickets in 2 envelopes. Put them in a hat and blind draw 1 envelope.

Put my name and address on it and send it to me.
Then open the other envelope and go to that event.
Only if you pinky swear to send the ticket price back to me lol

Put the tickets in 2 envelopes. Put them in a hat and blind draw 1 envelope.

Put my name and address on it and send it to me.
Then open the other envelope and go to that event.
Troubleshooting and problem solving got to be worth that much!!!
No need to sweat the small stuff. Lol

Knoxville being you have only been there once. It gets just as hot and humid here in Iowa as Topeka so it isn’t going to any cooler at either place!

Back