206 black slide assembly

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
This is the first time I've had to take a wrench to my 206. I had the throttle stick open. So I took it apart to clean it. So what's the proper way to assembly it. Where does the V CLIP go in. I think maybe the v spring got hung up.

The V-clip goes down inside the slide over the needle and circlip. Use needle nose to squeeze the V together and carefully place it over the needle and circlip that is already in your slide then I usually push the spring in to make sure the V clip is at the bottom of the slide.

So I am clear. Needle with C clip dropped in the bottom of the slide V spring down next and the coil spring setting on top of the V Spring

Exactly just run the cable through the spring and the nub slides up into the slot in the slide.

^ All correct.

Keep it clean. Clean air filter often obviously, but also pull the throttle cable out and wipe it down occasionally. Dirt will migrate down the throttle cable housing from where the cable enters it in the throttle kit. This can be helped slightly by placing a small amount of silicone sealant around the cable where it enters the housing -- just allow to dry completely before using. Another method is to drill an 1/8" hole in a valve stem cap and place that over the end of the housing/compression fitting to form something akin to a gasket. Both will prevent some dirt from entering the cable housing, but realistically it's easy enough to pull the slide and cable and wipe them clean every race day or two.
Also, do NOT use a wet lubricant on the throttle cable (that will only attract dirt and collect it, causing more issues.)
If you want, you can use dry graphite to lubricate the cable.
Personally, we run ours clean and dry and they last for years. Pull it off of the engine and clean thoroughly when rebuilding (more often if used in a very dusty environment.)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Good info. Do be careful with the valve stem cap idea, or anything else, at the point that the throttle cable enters the carb. The rules do not allow anything but OEM rubber boot in Briggs 2016 outline for 206 racing. Just to be clear, it would be OK to use something in addition to the OEM boot.

Good info. Do be careful with the valve stem cap idea, or anything else, at the point that the throttle cable enters the carb. The rules do not allow anything but OEM rubber boot in Briggs 2016 outline for 206 racing. Just to be clear, it would be OK to use something in addition to the OEM boot.

Valve stem cap goes over the backside of the compression fitting (1/8" NPT) that threads into the kwik-link throttle linkage. Do not put it on the carburetor itself -- sorry I should have been more clear.

Knew you guys were on it, just wanted to clarify so that compliance & great racing is the by-product of much preparation.

Back