212 basic stock build questions??

So we ran the motor on the dyno today with the advanced flywheel key we made with a file. It made more power and sounded better.

6.11 HP/8.67 TQ @ 3700 RPM
6.81 HP/8.40 TQ @ 4260 RPM

Not sure what to try next before we pull the head off of it. Any suggestions? I think we may try to advance the cam 1 tooth just to see what happens.

You advance the cam and hp will fall off very early. May have better luck retarding a tooth. I would leave stock

Mill head about .040"
Bore carb Venturi
Stretch the springs
Radius short turn of ports

What model# 212 do you have?

Jet Area ver Jet Number.
Old Jet # diameter Hole Area (In Sq. Inches)
36 0.0360 0.001018
New Jet # Diameter Hole Area In Sq. Inches % Change
38 0.0380 0.001134 11.395%
I would never drill a jert. Fuel is something like 700 times denser than air and it only takes the smallest of mark to slow the flow.
Hard to read but it looks fine in the editor.

4.29 HP/7.59 TQ
gov removed
5.14 HP/6.97 TQ
with made air filter setup no gov
4.29 HP/ 6.21 TQ
made air filter, no gov, drilled main jet to .040
4.29 HP/ 6.38 TQ
made air filter, no gov, drilled main jet, made exhaust no muffler
5.89 HP/ 7.60 TQ
I think it would be better if you posted the RPM for each reading.
You might learn how to cc the combustion chamber. Compression is the Hole Grail

I dont have the charts with me now but I can post tomorrow what the RPM's are. They are all in the 3500-4500 range. Not sure which model but its not the hemi. I wish I had a way to mill the head or bore the carb but I dont. I was thinking of useing stronger springs. It doesnt float the valve so would that help any?
I was supprised how much the flywheel key woke it up.

I have been running it up around 6000 RPM (doesnt make much power there) but I dont want to push it with a stock flywheel

^^ I agree, in fact, I put a set of 18lb Honda springs in a AKRA legal build (just testing) and it hurt the power on the dyno. I don't want anymore spring than whats needed to control the valve train.

Back