212 falling on its face

What makes a 212 Predator fall on its face after about 15 laps. Now I’m not driving the kart but my son says it just seems to start running out of power. I can see that karts start pulling away or passing easily. Two different engines seen to have acted the same. These are NOT a hemi.

It is a stock 212 with a wienie pipe, 31 jet and 10.8# green stripe springs. Governor and low oil sensor removed.

Now he ran a BOX STOCK hemi with nothing done but a big pipe and he said it runs better than both of these other engines.
I have had this happen to me and have seen it a time or two. The temperature gets too high on these predators the motor falls off. We try to stay under 400 for sure but under 380 is ideal.

The engine was ran this weekend with a different fuel tank. The engine ran just fine. The original tank was a floor mounted. My son put the Phantom upright steering shaft mounted tank and the engine ran the whole race with no fall off. I had asked about the temperature, but that wasn’t it. Thanks for all help.

Back