236cc Tillotson build help

idkcool

I have a list of very high performance parts to make a custom fully built Tillotson 263cc engine. Is this part list good, or will I have to make adjustments?

• Tillotson 72mm block
  • 58mm Stroker kit + 3 or 4 degrees camshaft timing advance
  • MoFlow 36/27 head, 55 lb valve springs, 500+ lift. 15cc or 23cc. Titanium valves
  • 356 Dyno Cam
  • 1.35 Ratio Gage Black Venom Roller Rockers
  • Chromoly Pushrods (don't know the length yet)
  • 28mm Mikuni (will be jetted to run off methanol)
  • Ultra Lite Billet flywheel (i could also use sk200 slipstream billet flywheel, but i want very little air drag and the highest possible performance)
  • Tillotson PVL Ignition Coil
Total valve lift: 480.6

This is with an unlimited budget, I want to use this engine for street drag races. I want some advice on how to gear this thing using a 35 chain. Also, if they have the larger 76mm/3" bore block I will consider purchasing them if they are back in stock at GoPowerSports.

Thats only a 236cc but that is what I would go with. 3" can be hard to keep the head sealed. I would go with a larger carb for the head. Maybe a 30 or 33mm pumper. Is this your first build?

Advancing the cam that much will shift your rpm range down about 1k. Not sure if that's ideal for a drag bike.

Anyone can re-sleeve a block, you don't need to go to GoPowerSports, don't waste your time building a 236 when you really want a 265, Pauls karts usually has 3" blocks in stock, or so we're led to believe in his video blogs.
Have a look at the GAGE head, might be worth considering, they target drag racers. Would dynocams or Iskycams give advice on cam? They may be able to profile a cam with timing to suit your needs. Will a 28mm carb be big enough especially if WOT and aiming for 7000-9500rpm,
I'm in for about £2000 on my engine, and I've done all the machining myself. Top fuel engines can go for $4000 be careful, that sort of money attracts a lots of promises that just don't deliver.
This'll be an interesting build

Anyone can re-sleeve a block, you don't need to go to GoPowerSports, don't waste your time building a 236 when you really want a 265, Pauls karts usually has 3" blocks in stock, or so we're led to believe in his video blogs.
Have a look at the GAGE head, might be worth considering, they target drag racers. Would dynocams or Iskycams give advice on cam? They may be able to profile a cam with timing to suit your needs. Will a 28mm carb be big enough especially if WOT and aiming for 7000-9500rpm,
I'm in for about £2000 on my engine, and I've done all the machining myself. Top fuel engines can go for $4000 be careful, that sort of money attracts a lots of promises that just don't deliver.
This'll be an interesting build
i have the 3" tillotson, cant keep a head gasket on it, i talked to Mark at EC and he said its hard to do without "O" ringing it

In the early days I followed Minidragbike, it seemed that there were no rules, billet heads and in some cases billet crank cases with 80mm pistons, some engines looked nice, some like they'd come from Frankenstein's lab. :cool:

First build ? There is a fair amount of additional work and fitting, machining that goes into a full mod build, its not just bolting parts together and hope it works out ok. If it is your first ask for advice before spending $$$

Back