4.500 piston options

A bushing cover would work if you have the crank bearing off .
Stock crank and around .380 lift is not too bad .
Stroker with big lift is much more work .

It’s just clearance... trust me I’ve tore them apart and they weren’t nearly that pretty... just go a little at a time use a thin zip tie they are about .040. That crank that’s all cam clearance. You will just have to massage the cam lobes and the rod big end a bit for the rod to be happy.
I've still got a 3" stroker around here somewhere, if someone wants to have some clearance fun with a stock block.

AE867217-19D9-4B3D-BBF0-C96FD04A379A.jpeg

That one was fun enough.. lol. I had a BZ block laying around Id take that off your hands for ya

I did make up some plates that would cover the holes in the case and make a pocket for the bigger crankshafts... then I bailed. I just seen it as getting catastrophic at some point... lol

Agreed... that 1” journal crank makes it a pain. I definitely wouldn’t of purchased it by plan I acquired it so we ran with it.

FWIW, I found a 4.50" rod and .060" piston in a swap meet pile over the weekend, but after looking at it closer decided against it -- it was just thrown in a pile of parts and had knicks and scratches all over it.
I'm sure $5 woulda bought it, but if it were to come apart, it would be the most expensive $5 spent on the engine! ;)

Back