$8 per mile.

jamiespop

Right around there in cost to race on Sunday. That's only entry fees & tire cost @ 4 race days per set. Half mile sprint track. Start adding everything else in that breaks or wears out, and fuel, etc.....wow!

Does anybody else think about this and wonder if the return is worth effort?

How much return on your investment do you get with your sons and daughters playing travel ball?

What are you willing to spend to be able to grow up with your kids, spending time together at the track as well as those post-race talks on the road? Or would you rather spend 500 bucks a month on a new SUV payment to go to Food Lion in?

We all make choices. Sure, I'd like karting to be more affordable, but, all in all, it ain't all that bad.

How much return on your investment do you get with your sons and daughters playing travel ball?.

Nail on head, ball actually costs more than kart racing. Between my son and daughter last both playing travel he's 11 she's 14 (now) the total expense bill was upwards of 9k. This year figures are approx 12k......
That's a lot of racing right there.

Right around there in cost to race on Sunday. That's only entry fees & tire cost @ 4 race days per set. Half mile sprint track. Start adding everything else in that breaks or wears out, and fuel, etc.....wow!

Does anybody else think about this and wonder if the return is worth effort?
Ur the one that has to decide. Weigh it against your options! It's hard to do anything anymore that doesn't cost <$100 a/day (per person)

The way I look at hobbies is if you are calculating costs out to that extreme or keeping track of how many minutes you are spending on a hobby, then you probably should stop and/or quit the hobby.

Its one thing to calculate a budget, its another if it provokes anxiety and drives you to the point of calculating the cost per lap or mile.

At least you know where they are at on the weekends and not out smoking dope and getting into trouble falling into the wrong crowd.

Im way too competitive to even think about costs. I got a play fund for a reason. If its not karting it will be something else.

It could be worse.... you could be spending time with the wifey out shopping.

I heard a guy at the track tell a guy who was complaining about the money he's spending on his two sons that race...."Wouldn't you rather spend it on this than bail money, attorney fees or a drug re-hab program?, plus, look at the fun you're having!"

At least you know where they are at on the weekends and not out smoking dope and getting into trouble falling into the wrong crowd.

Im way too competitive to even think about costs. I got a play fund for a reason. If its not karting it will be something else.

It could be worse.... you could be spending time with the wifey out shopping.

or... she could be an equestrian...

Any return on a hobby to me is not important, its the fun from the hobby that matters.
The fun is the return, and this is me and my wife--not the kids. As I see it here...I'm the only one thinking about this so maybe it is time for the almost daily at 4 cycle.com COMPLETE SALE OUT!! Only problem is, nobody is buying sprint stuff.

All week I look forward to racing on Saturday night. As long as that's the case it's worth it to me. When that stops, I'll stop.

Back