80hp kart motors uas

Bradley71

Not happening there’s not 1 motor truly making 80hp.maybe even close would be Jawa.the rest no way.thats just facts.

My kart can make 80hp at the touch of a button. It all depends how much I spray. (2004 crf450) I guarantee you I can make more power than my tires can handle without a doubt.

C1F7A692-35B7-428B-A530-84F6C8DF5326.png

Here’s the motor I have a 250r it makes my old 131 sudam feel like a canned kt100.they say a sudam 55hp I don’t think so.maybe 40 I think dynos r selling motors.jmho maybe not even 40hp.

Attachments

• 8B58FA9E-4477-495F-9430-D2F84AEDDF2C.png
    8B58FA9E-4477-495F-9430-D2F84AEDDF2C.png
    430.2 KB · Views: 65
A KT100 on gas, with pipe, ~18hp. KA100 - ~21 hp. 100cc ICA - 23hp. 125 tag - 28 hp, 125 sudam gas ~30hp, 125 shifter ~34 hp, add 10% for alky to the previous.... Most CR250 types don't add much hp, but add a lot of torque....mid 40's hp. Get a peaky pipe, gut trans, convert to 270 micro style with methanol, perhaps 70-80. And quicker spinup than stockers, for sure. But for 80hp, you'd need the displacement, and a quick rev, and probably power adders. At say, 270cc 2-stroke, 80hp is 296hp/L High, but achievable.

Stock I'm sure they're not making that kind of HP. If you cc the heads you'll notice they are down on compression, my 250 had 27cc's it now has 16cc's. This as well as other mods can greatly raise the HP numbers. I saw somewhere a Jawa 889 out of the box was 85hp with a 34mm carb. You got guys now making a 41mm mechanical fuel injection work on them, I'd love to see what the numbers are on that setup.

Bradley 71-
You have to look at more than just a hp number when comparing engines. I hope your 250 makes your 131 feel weak, it should. The 250 most likely turns half the RPM's a Sudam does, and I bet makes a bunch more torque. You are comparing a stock motor available to the general public (your 250 atv) to highly modified race engines (250 and 450/500 UAS karts). Gotta compare apples to apples if you want a fair comparison. Where did you come up with "a pro race bike isn’t making 70hp"? What pro race bike are you talking about? Because I bet the factory supported flat track racebikes do or could. Motocross is another deal completely, they have to still be able to ride the bike in a wide variety of conditions and top hp is not the one main goal.
I bet most UAS mx based engines cost more than your whole atv, and you would be pissed if your atv had a maintenance schedule like a race motor. Dyno's also can be "corrected", gotta take a dyno sheet with a grain of salt. A dyno is good tool for a comparison once you have a baseline number to see if you are improving and by how much. Comparing Joe racers dyno in one part of the country to another racers dyno with a different calibration or brand in another part of the country is a waste of time IMO. I don't know what your point is, but I hope your question has been answered by the several people whole replied to you. Happy New Year!

Is it possible to make 80hp on a 250 2 stroke?
I'd have to say yes, I'm not sure if it would be drivable, but hitting a number like that is possible . lot's of 2 cycle technology listed with 50+ hp 125cc engines the numbers jump up on the lastest technology in snowmobile engineering with fuel injection.
Collision port design along with port timing and specific pipe designs can achieve amazing hp numbers.
Now which one of you have the programs needed to test all the variables in design and then actually manufsctue a engine purpose built from the ground up for UAS racing.
I know I've been crambing tons of imformation for that purpose and the learning curve along with the technology needed is staggering.

Hey Tim, I got engmod2t software. It takes a bit of time to learn and can get a bit technical but Neels is great for customer support. I always have same or next day reply for any problems I might have. Its by far the best commercial available engine design and testing software package. You will save a unimaginable amounts of money to very close to where you need to be. Highly recommended by pro GP builders worldwide.

Ok guys just out of curiosity what kind of hp did a well tuned wankle produce.
I dont run the class, I'm an old school 2 stroke fan, but with all this high hp output it seems mighty easy to over power the track correct. So why would you want an 80 hp engine? Unless you had a place like old possum kingdom to race at.

The XR50 was making mid 40's stock, I know several that had tried different things like nitrous and alky and dont know what they were getting out of them. Even though its low HP compared to other engines it was a very broad torque curve that was easy to drive smooth. As far as having 80hp is there are guys that have figured out how to hook it up.jmo

The guy who can get the big HP hooked up has a very good feel for the power and great throttle control, myself not included. Im more of a stab and steer guy who likes the big HP feel. I would be thrilled if I could do wheelies.

Phiddy , you need a kart like we came across in the 80's, we were running KT100 with typical kart frame at an indoor race and about a dozen karts showed up with a narrow frame , might have been square tube, engine setting behind the seat. They had to pitch them into the turns, it had to push like a "B" . but coming off every turn they pulled the front wheels a foot off the ground. Fun to watch but overall not as fast as what we had. On the subject of big UAS HP it's not just an engine , but an engine package. So you could put a pair of open 135's on nitrous and squirt it up to say 90 or 100 HP, now try an hook that up.

Back