A new Ghost thread tell how you love it or hate it.

its a sand cast block. sand casting bucks are not that much, especially when its being done by a company that specializes in such things. machining is done by cnc nowadays you you eliminate a lot of hack labor. how much is the lo206 really QCed when its the exact same price as an 'unchecked' animal.
So basically what you're saying is I'm 100% right. If they're not QCing the 206 enough and it's double the price. Then the chances, and yes it's only a chance at this point. Because unlike Briggs actually say it's QCed, and the ghost makes no claims of it. For one they have little to no clue about the rule sets in place, or the need for Tech. So chances are their pocketing that extra $200. Because you're most likely correct that the molds are cheaper. Just further backs up my statements that they have more than ample opportunity to throw in QC and Choose not to. Because they simply don't care, everyone will buy them regardless. The Predator proves that to them.

The fact that it's CNC machined doesn't have any bearing on the fixtures used to hold the parts. A lot of parts when machined are put in fixtures. If the fixtures are worn after thousands of parts, it allows the parts to move in the fixtures. So yes they push a button and it runs a program that should result in a perfect part if the fixture is solid. If not it results in parts like you see now in these engines.

Last edited:
I love that they are easy to get. Number 4 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 20220603_113543~2.jpg
    20220603_113543~2.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 7
Was at my local HF a couple days ago. They had one but I wasn't tempted.
I'm buying everyone I can. Gonna keep checking them all like I started doing, put them back together, seal them up, number each one and start a class at the local track. Draw a number at registration to see what engine they get. Strap it on and race. Every engine I buy, after tear down and reassemble will be just one more engine/kart added to the class.

I'm buying everyone I can. Gonna keep checking them all like I started doing, put them back together, seal them up, number each one and start a class at the local track. Draw a number at registration to see what engine they get. Strap it on and race. Every engine I buy, after tear down and reassemble will be just one more engine/kart added to the class.
how do they compare to one another? are they consistent with each other?

One thing that I am curious about is the carb. Is it a close enough of a copy of a real Walbro PZ22 that parts will interchange? Float, jets, emulsion tube ect.. If the slides interchange it could use longer and shorter ones for Jr. classes. Just like Briggs has already done with the LO206.

Last edited:
One thing that I am curious about is the carb. Is it a close enough of a copy of a real Walbro PZ22 that parts will interchange? Float, jets, emulsion tube ect.. If the slides interchange it could use longer and shorter ones for Jr. classes. Just like Briggs has already done with the LO206.
they compare the carbs in the video

Back