After 9 seasons, it was time...

After running 9 seasons in the WKA road race series and over 6,500 miles it finally threw a rod.

Attachments

• 20211022_101142.jpg
    20211022_101142.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20211022_101135.jpg
    20211022_101135.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 81
I had some with 7 years on them that were still made as much HP as a new one. Then the new seal rule came along.

This is a little off topic but same block i guess so i will ask it here as not many world formula guys to bounce stuff off... Our world formula stuff seems to run excellent for 3-4 nights, good for 3-4 nights and ok for 3-4 nights then you are struggling to get out of the B main. I leaked 3 different motors and two that have 6-8 nights leaked at 1-4%, one is leaking through the intake other through the exhaust from what i can tell. Are you guys seeing people just cycle heads in/out and putting them back to work without going into the bottom end? I'm methodical about starting them at the end of the night on two stroke gas and getting all the methanol out and draining oil, changing/oiling the filters so i dont believe i'm getting corrosion on the cylinder walls

This is a little off topic but same block i guess so i will ask it here as not many world formula guys to bounce stuff off... Our world formula stuff seems to run excellent for 3-4 nights, good for 3-4 nights and ok for 3-4 nights then you are struggling to get out of the B main. I leaked 3 different motors and two that have 6-8 nights leaked at 1-4%, one is leaking through the intake other through the exhaust from what i can tell. Are you guys seeing people just cycle heads in/out and putting them back to work without going into the bottom end? I'm methodical about starting them at the end of the night on two stroke gas and getting all the methanol out and draining oil, changing/oiling the filters so i dont believe i'm getting corrosion on the cylinder walls
Yes, some of the more serious 206 guys rotate heads out fairly regularly.
The leakage is almost always at the valves and not the rings. The ring package in these engines (WF included) are pretty stout.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I have a procedure for refreshing the heads after things settle in (raced for a period of time) that has proven to be very durable.
I have had many people send me their engines after racing them for a season or more and still have ZERO leakage past the valves.
Call me if you are interested.

I had some with 7 years on them that were still made as much HP as a new one. Then the new seal rule came along.
We were able to run ours in the WKA a few extra years because they were nice enough not to enforce the new seal regulation. Still put out good power.

All Briggs and Stratton L0206 engines are stock. The engine is sealed so it is (theoretically) impossible to modify the piston, cylinder and crankshaft. All produce about the same horsepower. If your kart is slow is is not bc of the engine. You will be able to find speed in chassis set up, tires and driving technique. If this is your first venture into karting the LO206 engine is a solid and very low maintenance engine choice.

Back