Age requirement to run masters Class

How about just call it, "we all have to go to work on Monday and don't drive like idiots". :) But then again, I've seen some pretty fierce battles in the "masters" classes.

Any crashing is usually caused by poor eyesight,lack of reflexes or just forgetting where you are...

My eyes are fine, it's just that my arms give out. I admit that I have to ask my wife what happened sometimes later that night but I seem to automatically know what to do and my reflexes are quick. It's like driving thru town with something on your mind and when you get to the other side you don't remember any traffic lights but you did fine. Disregard those blue lights behind you.....what was I talking about...honey...LOL.

I think the best thing they could do for senior classes is to raise the weight limit a little. Not necessarily to Super Heavy weight (425#), but maybe something like 400. From what I've seen, many of the seniors are larger guys and also race Super Heavy, but are overweight for Senior. For example, I weight 230 and add 30 lbs to get to Super Heavy, but if I take my weight off I'm still 25-30 lbs heavy for Senior (375#). Seems like a lot of guys are in my same situation.

If you're too young to join the AARP, then you shouldn't run the old man/girl classes-- which is 50!!!
Actually, I think Social Security and Medicare age might be a better requirement!
I'll be 67 in a couple weeks, and still prefer to race with the kids!!!!! But that's just me.;>
Clark Gaynor (The Old One)!!!

If you're too young to join the AARP, then you shouldn't run the old man/girl classes-- which is 50!!!
Actually, I think Social Security and Medicare age might be a better requirement!
I'll be 67 in a couple weeks, and still prefer to race with the kids!!!!! But that's just me.;>
Clark Gaynor (The Old One)!!!

Haha....you have to show your AARP card to sign up for the class...and then get a discount to boot !!

Back