Alchohol Carbs

Got the EC Burt carb, tomorrow it's dyno time to see what difference it makes. Thanks Mark for the quick service and thanks Uncle Sam for the stimulus money for the money that paid for it......lol

Would this carb fall under thr Georgia stock appearing rules set?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230619_190929_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230619_190929_Chrome.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 14
Would this carb fall under thr Georgia stock appearing rules set?
Yes, we don't use epoxy on these carburetors, so the carburetor should be legal. The top three stock Appearing Carburetor Builders are Barry Young/Young Engines, Johnnie Berry/Laid Back Racing, and EC Carburetors. I highly recommend Barry Young or Johnnie Berry as an alternative because they know their stuff and have done by far the best work. The rest either don't make stock appearings or don't come anywhere close in performance.

Even though I said it before in this post, I'll cover it again.

We have the benefit of designing the Tillotson PK-1 carburetors, which have proven to be the best platform for stock-appearing carburetors. Having the CAD drawing and using our CNC machines were able to maximize airflow, whereas hand porters have to compromise to not accidentally break through the casting of the carburetor since external epoxy is illegal or the fuel circuits are nearly impossible to fix.

The other advantage is that we CNC our own stainless steel butterflies rather than brass butterflies; this makes the shutter much stronger. Many try to make the shutter and throttle shaft razor thin, which can become bent and twisted while racing. Our throttle shutter is elongated on one side to improve airflow without damaging the fuel circuit behind the welch plug. We also use a three-piece throttle shaft, so there is no throttle shaft in the middle of the butterfly. We also cnc machine the insulator to match the carburetor and intake port. Regardless of their reputation or talent, our carburetors have work done for them that no one can replicate.

We no longer have our stock-appearing air filter adaptors mostly because we only make them for our stock-appearing carburetors, and the demand has made it difficult to keep up with our other machined parts.

The good thing about this post is you'll see how successful this carburetor has become in the last 3 years. The original price was 279.99, after the first couple of years we had to move the price to $424.99 because the demand for our carburetor was too much for us to keep up with. We intentionally had to make this carburetor more difficult to sell. That is why I recommend Barry or Johnnie, the price of our carburetors is not for the average racer, but if you want your money's worth, I would only trust those guys.

Back