Any difference between the Faster Motors missing link / Carlson Racing Animal Throttle kits?

flattop1

Dawg 89
The kit Carlson sells is universal , most anyone will have a spare in the event somthing happens .
The one Fastermotors has is more of a custom design , it comes with a spare connector.
I use the first design type no issues .

flattop1

Dawg 89

CarlsonMotorsports

Premium User

gary10

Why are either of these even necessary? Just run the throttle cable directly to the carb. One less thing to break.

CarlsonMotorsports

Premium User
Why are either of these even necessary? Just run the throttle cable directly to the carb. One less thing to break.
It's not necessary, Gary.
If all you ever run is one kart and one engine, then it won't be of much value.
If you are running different karts and engine packages, (clone, flathead, animal, predator, etc) which is common in oval racing, then it sure saves a bunch of time when changing things around.

gary10

Exactly. It was invented for the people that had flatheads and switched over to animals. For some reason people think it's a necessity and don't even know that you don't need one.

I use the bracket from a throttle kit but just to run my cable through it. I add another return spring in the to the cable and this also allows me to operate the throttle for starting without having to reach for the gas pedal. It also eliminates the big, tall loop of the housing/cable to the carb. That's my two cents. Other than that it is of little use. If I could post a pic I would !! Anything on my kart is usually there to make my life easier.

Last edited:

The Old Guy

I use the bracket from a throttle kit but just to run my cable through it. I add another return spring in the to the cable and this also allows me to operate the throttle for starting without having to reach for the gas pedal. It also eliminates the big, tall loop of the housing/cable to the carb. That's my two cents. Other than that it is of little use. If I could post a pic I would !! Anything on my kart is usually there to make my life easier.
DITTO. REALLY A NO BRAINER FOR A ONE MAN RACE CREW.