Any reputable 206 builders in the central KY area?

Jayrdee

Hey everyone,

Does anyone here know of any good 206 engine rebuilders in the central Kentucky region?

I bought a used 2019 BirelArt AM29 with a LO206 built by Kart City Performance. So far it's been great, but after this season it will definitely be in need of a refresh. Especially considering the guy I bought it from, his son is a pretty hardcore racer, and I've been racing it pretty hard as well. I don't plan on stopping either Lol.

This is my first year karting so I'm slowly trying to put together a good list of shops I can buy stuff from. I've bought pretty much everything I need to get started through Facebook and ordering stuff online but it'd be cool to find local shops I can support.

I would give Rob ( owner of kart city) a shot at it first.
We were lucky enough to have his house animal the last couple years for the buggy(champ kart).
I do know @CarlsonMotorsports does a good bit with the 206 and he's in Indiana as well. Maybe Brian will know of some people around Central ky but I can't think of any off hand.

Yeah I've spoken to Rob via email about refreshing my engine. I wouldn't mind sending it back to him, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if there's anyone here in Kentucky that can do it. Surely there's got to be some people with how many dirt tracks there are here haha

Hey everyone,

Does anyone here know of any good 206 engine rebuilders in the central Kentucky region?

I bought a used 2019 BirelArt AM29 with a LO206 built by Kart City Performance. So far it's been great, but after this season it will definitely be in need of a refresh. Especially considering the guy I bought it from, his son is a pretty hardcore racer, and I've been racing it pretty hard as well. I don't plan on stopping either Lol.

This is my first year karting so I'm slowly trying to put together a good list of shops I can buy stuff from. I've bought pretty much everything I need to get started through Facebook and ordering stuff online but it'd be cool to find local shops I can support.
I don't know of anyone specifically in Kentucky, but there may be.
We'd be glad to go through it for you when you're ready for a rebuild. We're only a few hours away or it may be cheaper / more convenient to ship the engine. We also pick up & deliver engines @ the OVKA show in Wilmington, OH if that helps.
Please do keep us in mind.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I don't know of anyone specifically in Kentucky, but there may be.
We'd be glad to go through it for you when you're ready for a rebuild. We're only a few hours away or it may be cheaper / more convenient to ship the engine. We also pick up & deliver engines @ the OVKA show in Wilmington, OH if that helps.
Please do keep us in mind.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Will do! Good to know I have plenty of options outside of KY

Will do! Good to know I have plenty of options outside of KY
We're just over 2 hours from Louisville, 3 hours from Cinci (depending on how you drive.) We typically make road trips as well. We can generally schedule something that's convenient for our customers. Lots of 206 builders in Indiana.

Back