anyone useing the new bigger size burris tires

Mike, Tim Taft has been running them and has been pretty happy with them. He's got a 950 on the RR 700 on the lr 850 on the rf and 450 on the lf.

Actuilly. My son was the first one to use these new tires on an UAS down south. It was last year at the World 100 when he was driving Tim Tafts 250. Tim had just got them fresh off the press. It is a different style tire and I don't think you want to spread it out on the rim like you do a Vega or a Maxxis. I am pretty sure that Tim had the 950 on a 9.5" rim. These tires are pretty squared up like a sprint car tire and creates a lot of side bit for the larger HP engines. The tire also grows in height under heavy acceleration at higher rpm's and gives you more mph at the ends of the straights.

Like I said, they are a totally different style tire. They create a lot of side bite and the caucus will grow under acceleration. They need to be treated totally different than the typical tires that the stockers run. Once you figure that out you will be a lot better off with them.

Actuilly. My son was the first one to use these new tires on an UAS down south. It was last year at the World 100 when he was driving Tim Tafts 250. Tim had just got them fresh off the press. It is a different style tire and I don't think you want to spread it out on the rim like you do a Vega or a Maxxis. I am pretty sure that Tim had the 950 on a 9.5" rim. These tires are pretty squared up like a sprint car tire and creates a lot of side bit for the larger HP engines. The tire also grows in height under heavy acceleration at higher rpm's and gives you more mph at the ends of the straights.

Like I said, they are a totally different style tire. They create a lot of side bite and the caucus will grow under acceleration. They need to be treated totally different than the typical tires that the stockers run. Once you figure that out you will be a lot better off with them.

X2!! Have used these tires a few races. Have experiment with some preps. Have scuffed them also. They are awesome on low bite rougher tracks. Taller overall height gets kart up and out of dirt! All I will say is they love lightly scuffed with 80 grit for a dusty slick track. Takes a different approach than the ss33's. FOLLOW Burris recommendations with RELIGION. Just my experience so far!

is this about the slicks? or the diggers? I have a open I run on a backyard track where they tend not to water too much to take the diggers outta the game (track owner likes to run his slicks and likes to make the track hard) please let me know what you think

I have been out of the loop for a little, but did 11" wheels become legal? Also, the site says they will measure 37-1/4"?

Burris also makes the Qrc tires in a 11.5 x 9.5 x 6 that mounts at a much smaller diameter. Their pricy though but come in three compounds, they are also only in treaded style I think not forsure. I also think Hoosier is making a 9x6 or 9.5x 6 tire too.

what rim sizes are people using on these tires? I have the 950's on the right side and the 850/700 on the left with 10" 9.5" and a 7.5" and my stagger is about a 1/4" front and rear.

How in the world did you get a 7 on the lf? I ran a set Saturday using a ss33 on the lf and the tires worked great!

And it ran great also. I had the set I was talking about in earlier posts in trailer for feature. But...header broke off at flange so I was done. My LF is a ss33 6.00 on a 6.5 wide rim.

And it ran great also. I had the set I was talking about in earlier posts in trailer for feature. But...header broke off at flange so I was done. My LF is a ss33 6.00 on a 6.5 wide rim.

Sorry about your luck. Markus told me it broke on you. I wish it would have held together...I would have liked to have seen how well we ran together. I have a little setup and stagger work to do but I think I am going to really like the tire combo

Back