Are Predators killing the clone?

Predator class is for beginners, correct?
why are there money races in a beginner class to begin with??
$1000 to win - $500 to win - $100 to win --- why?
if you want to inject a little money in the class have random draws for cash
draw 1, 3, 6, whatever drivers and hand out envelopes with cash in them
then everyone has a chance to "win" without spending $1000 on an engine
not to mention thousands on tires
if you want a big payout race ($1000 to win) then run a PRO PREDATOR race - separate from the beginners class
beginners then know what they are up against
That is what they have talked about before but then you have more classes to run. So predator is just a beginner class. Run for 2 years and move up to clones. If you want to run pro just run Pro Clone there are plenty of money races for that out there. The rule set for the predator is to broad and they need to have better tech and a better set of rules.

That is what they have talked about before but then you have more classes to run. So predator is just a beginner class. Run for 2 years and move up to clones. If you want to run pro just run Pro Clone there are plenty of money races for that out there. The rule set for the predator is to broad and they need to have better tech and a better set of rules.
Our rule set is pretty simple, pull it out of the box and race it, 5000 rpm max on the stand.
$150.00 claim.
No it doesn't have to be a beginner class

The only negative I have here in central pa is that they have a $50 limit on money races BUT then they recruit lap money and the pot gets big enough to attract the big guns.

What ever happened to kart racers running for trophies?
Want to keep the money chasers and tire guys out of the entry level and "econo" classes? Don't pay any money!
Problem solved.

Want to run for money - pay the big entry fees, build yourself a hoss, invest in a rubber tree, and go for it!
sorry that would make too much sense. in the South Carolina Dirt series posted in the Southeast section someone is already begging for a weenie pipe rule because it would be more SAFE?!? these classes seem to be doomed to fail without any lessons learned.

sorry that would make too much sense. in the South Carolina Dirt series posted in the Southeast section someone is already begging for a weenie pipe rule because it would be more SAFE?!? these classes seem to be doomed to fail without any lessons learned.
Maybe safer than pulling the stock mufflers apart and reworking the insides. LOL
Totally agree with "no lesson learned" -- we've been repeating this cycle since the days of McCullochs.

Back in the '70's when I started with mt Mc 91, entry fee was $5 if you won you got $4 back. My tool box was a 3 drawer from my machinest days, spare parts went into the box my helmet came in. My friend made me a little stand/box that held the rear end off the ground, also kept my spare sprockets and chain oil in it. Air for the tires, old bicycle pump. Truck trailer, no stuffed kart and everything else in the back of my wifes Rambler.but damn we had fun

Amen.. I think anyone that starts otb will eventually drool to run clone or limited.. let time do it’s work 😃
It's the way it is supposed to work,and does in most things. When car racing first began things were pretty much all the same until someone envisioned a faster class of car and had the ability to go that direction. Some guys stayed with what they were doing, some quit because the couldnt afford the original form, let alone spend more to go faster. There is a niche for everyone and box stock is a niche that should not be ignored nor should it be invaded by experienced racers. Let the sport grow with new blood being able to give it a try and have a reasonable chance. Its evident to most that have been around racing to see that karting started dying to some extent when the clone class got prostituted to what it is now, there was all of a sudden no entry port to the sport.

Back