Are Predators killing the clone?

I'm not sure how you differentiate 'pro' racers from everyone else and keep them out of what ideally would be a beginner/low budget racer class. What separates the guys you're calling 'pro' from the masses is the years of experience they have under their belts and the things they have learned along the way. I'm thinking Predators should be only for drivers in their first or second year. Yes, some will have karts prepped by more experienced folks but you have that in every class. Keeps the Participation Awards away.

What makes someone a pro driver?

I'm not for or against pro's in the predator class, I'm just curious.
In my book anybody that doesn't pay for chassis or motors. there are different levels Such as Donnie Nall and Shay Chavous who make a living solely on karting and then groups like the fifty-5 Cartel who may have day jobs but they don't pay for the hobby like the most of us. The claimer rule is supposed to keep things fair but when you have a national level engine builder giving you free motors on the backs of us regular customers they don't care if they loose their engine every week. It was obvious everyone had a built motor that's part of the Game in the Carolinas. Your not going to grow the sport when you throw the fish in with the sharks. the problem is the track is letting it happen and throwing money and the class to boot. the cheating there is OBVIOUS.

If the cheating is obvious then it sounds to me like a promoter problem. He is walking away with his pockets full smiling because he isn’t doing tech to keep the cheating out. Bottom line is that almighty dollar. In the meantime, the “also rans” walk away with there heads down in disgust, load up and go home only to come back to try again.

??? the easiest way for me to tell these motors are cheated up is that a $150.00 "8 hp" OTB motor is doing equal or better lap times than a 13 hp $1300.00 built engine. I can tell that motors been worked on from my couch here in TN LOL.
Also someone extremely angry when their engine is claimed…… I love to see it.

Nothing like spending $1000 on a “legal” predator for $300-$500 to win on any giving night here in the Carolinas. For what? To have it claimed for $150? Now I’m out of my $1000 engine but at least I have a victory lane picture and a trophy check on my shop wall now. You claim the engine only to get tossed in tech the next weekend ✌🏼

Nothing like spending $1000 on a “legal” predator for $300-$500 to win on any giving night here in the Carolinas. For what? To have it claimed for $150? Now I’m out of my $1000 engine but at least I have a victory lane picture and a trophy check on my shop wall now. You claim the engine only to get tossed in tech the next weekend ✌🏼
Sucks to be you guys.
OTB, gov. Intact and functional, 5000 rpm limit.
$150.00 claim.
I claim one it will be tore down on the spot.
If you get caught cheating you should be banned from the class, and your name on a public cheater billboard for all to see

You admitted that it is a few hundred bucks a week to win in a class that your motor (investment) can be claimed. Not saying it is a bad decision but might want to protect your investment better next time.

For a few hundred bucks more could have bought a clone and at least that motor goes home with you every week.

can I ask why you run a $1000 predator over a $1300 clone?or why don't you just spend the money claiming predators to run the next week how is it tech one week and claim the next? just curious not judging

can I ask why you run a $1000 predator over a $1300 clone?or why don't you just spend the money claiming predators to run the next week how is it tech one week and claim the next? just curious not judging
Hey the whole point is bragging on Facebook with the victory lane pictures. Who cares if I spend over 1k to win $300 I got the trophy check out of it right ? Especially when the tracks we run allow it to happen. We got guy who can’t tie shoes doing the tech on these things. Please don’t take these post serious…

Hey the whole point is bragging on Facebook with the victory lane pictures. Who cares if I spend over 1k to win $300 I got the trophy check out of it right ? Especially when the tracks we run allow it to happen. We got guy who can’t tie shoes doing the tech on these things. Please don’t take these post serious…
$1000 is on the cheap end, i’d rather lose money and race predator but still have them trophy checks

And also when we have teams coming in with unlimited budgets on a local night to “steal” the money how is the local man who worked countless hours supposed to feel when someone comes in and literally buys the speed they have.

Predator racing is the best class there is, if you can't spend $1,000 to race then why ever try to race anything? Trophy checks and social media post make the sponsorship dollars come in, who cares if I get disqualified? Stop crying and start winning

Predator class is for beginners, correct?
why are there money races in a beginner class to begin with??
$1000 to win - $500 to win - $100 to win --- why?
if you want to inject a little money in the class have random draws for cash
draw 1, 3, 6, whatever drivers and hand out envelopes with cash in them
then everyone has a chance to "win" without spending $1000 on an engine
not to mention thousands on tires
if you want a big payout race ($1000 to win) then run a PRO PREDATOR race - separate from the beginners class
beginners then know what they are up against

Back