Best Drum Clutch?

KochRacing

What is the best Drum clutch to run? this year was out 1st at racing and we used a Noram Stinger. Is it best to stick with that clutch or is there something better on the market to run?

Kids Class - Predator 212

flattop1

Dawg 89
I agree . And it's durable . The hillard fury is nice with the bully conversion .
The springs are easier to work with . If you really want to try something else .

Gab507

I use the stinger on our 206 because the rules won't allow a Rocket Rim but IMO the SMC Rocket Rim is the best. It's based on the stinger platform. It has a nicer drum and internal design but uses stinger shoes and springs. The even have another set of springs(silver ) unique to the rocket rim.

KochRacing

I think I'll stick with the Stinger for now and do a rebuild on it. on a Stock Predator 212 what color spring should i use? I'm not sure what is currently on it right now. Just making a game plan for the off season to have it ready for opening day!

flattop1

Dawg 89
Where is it's engagement now ?

KochRacing

To be honest I'm not really sure

KochRacing

I'm thinking it was engaging between 2500-3000 not sure, Its a used clutch that came with the used kart.

I've used the Stinger and Rocket Rim and like the Rocket Rim better. The Stinger has a tall key that started to damage/flare the keyway on our LO206. I can't legally race w/ the Rocket Rim but I'm keeping it to remind me how great a drum clutch can be.

KochRacing

I've used the Stinger and Rocket Rim and like the Rocket Rim better. The Stinger has a tall key that started to damage/flare the keyway on our LO206. I can't legally race w/ the Rocket Rim but I'm keeping it to remind me how great a drum clutch can be.
Why does some tracks make the rocket rim illegal to run?