Best Starter

rswiggart

Hey all,

I figured I would ask here before ordering myself a new starter. I am running built Honda clones.

I am looking for the “best” starter I can buy. I figured I would ask for some reviews before ordering one. The Burris ones seem pretty reliable? Any other’s out there I should buy?

Thank you,

Ryan

The BBT was always the cream of the crop.
If your running high compression with no compression release .
Best is a Good idea .
Thanks for the information.

Yes last weekend we had 2 opens running 1 and 2. About didn’t get them restarted after track went red.

Decided it is worth the buy.

to be honest it the gear reduced electric motors on the mini Burris the Coleman and the standard BBT look to the the same unit. when I see the Big HP guys reach for a starter they do not use the mini style but the giant old style with a huge battery that takes two hands to lift. my guess it's battery amps that's the problem as that motor is the same size as on a high compression 1000cc motorcycle

to be honest it the gear reduced electric motors on the mini Burris the Coleman and the standard BBT look to the the same unit. when I see the Big HP guys reach for a starter they do not use the mini style but the giant old style with a huge battery that takes two hands to lift. my guess it's battery amps that's the problem as that motor is the same size as on a high compression 1000cc motorcycle
There is one of these currently listed in the classified section for $100 in the Charlotte NC area

Yep we have a light weight starter and a larger older style burris with the large battery. By the end of the night the old one is cranking pretty much all the karts. A good jump start booster comes in handy most nights

Interesting insight from everyone. I truly appreciate it. I would hate to buy something that does not work out in the long run. I need to dig through my stuff, I know I have an old Burris starter sitting around somewhere. My girlfriend’s grandpa had it and we found it when he passed. He used it on the old Yamaha’s. Sounds like replacing that starter and battery would be the best bet.

Thank you

I need to replace my lightweight starter's battery. Ive been thinking about just throwing a set of leads on it and keeping a big car battery on the stand. We are constantly starting 4+ karts on the grid

Here ya go
IMG_6744.png

Back