big 2 strokes

jbracer127

besides the brc is there another 2 stroke around 150cc that does not hit the pocket as bad as the brc? just curious thanks in advance i come across scales 400 with clone and looking to get a rwyb motor going have a 390 big block but dont know if i want to build that or get a 2 stroke i like being different and theres only 1 other 2 stroke at my track that i know of well thanks in advance

You can find some really good deals on here for 131-150 Sudams race ready that are reliable and make 55+hp, is that big enough? Or you can get a 250 mx engine for a little more power, either of these engines would be more powerful and more reliable than most 390's. I'm sure I'm gonna hear some crap for saying that about the 390's but in my experience it's true. Remember a good open motor is one that is reliable and finishes the race.

ya i always liked the 2 stroke i have a piston port dap in the shed and it seems pretty stout on alky just dont really know anything about them except from what i read 2 strokes are best bang for buck lighter and more reliable and i like that alot but where do you buy the big sudams ? and other big 2 strokes?

jb, I run a stock CR250 around north texas, it's very reliable and stout, my only complaint is on a small/tight track, i can be too much power, but on the bigger tracks in east TX, it's tough! Planning to run the big show in Beaumont this Oct

-Matt

:p me too i run my clone there but im trying to get whole other kart together for that race and for future rwyb races and them sudams and big rotary motors seem really cool

The 250s are MX engines but most all are watercooled these days. SO you got a radiator,water pump, fluid, belt drive and a bunch of other crap to deal with. Thats why I like the big Sudans or even more power in the GM, Jawa speedway engines if you want 4stroke.Thier draw back is cost and weight, at 60lbs thier quite a load to strap on a kart and then get it setup right. Pluss you cant hardly find any good used ones here in the states that arent 30+ years old.

where do you get one of these big sudams? i seen some but the sites i do see are in a different language and when i use google translator theres no prices but ide rather find one built race ready where i bolt on add fuel n go

I have a 300ex on a champ kart. dependable as hell but just don't have the top end speed. All the low end torque you could want.
Just too heavy , the motor is 95# by itself. It is a lot of fun, I now have a cr250r and have removed the 300. The 250r ran like a beast on the bike I got so it should be a real beast on a rage nitro champ kart. can't wait. I am in the process of making a motor mount. oh boy

im not looking to buy right now as i want to find another chassis to get the motor for first but when time comes ill contact john as i see alot of ppl say "contact john" also i see there are 131 sudams but where are the 150cc oneS?

I have a nice 153cc K30 rotary valve but it's not for sale. It's pretty stout too. I am a bit of a rotary valve person. Only thing is good luck finding one. People don't tend to let go of them very often. And now that Burris sells a better piston than that TKM junk piston I think people will def hold on to them.

Frankie

The 250s are MX engines but most all are watercooled these days. SO you got a radiator,water pump, fluid, belt drive and a bunch of other crap to deal with. Thats why I like the big Sudans or even more power in the GM, Jawa speedway engines if you want 4stroke.Thier draw back is cost and weight, at 60lbs thier quite a load to strap on a kart and then get it setup right. Pluss you cant hardly find any good used ones here in the states that arent 30+ years old.

There shouldn't be any belts on any MX engine unless you choose to run a Jackshaft which is silly. Water pump is all self contained in the engine, put a pipe on and radiator. Slap it in gear and ride till your hearts content. Nothing to them, but proven reliable power.

We have several MX 250's running in our series. The tranny based engines work great have all the power you'll need. Converted MX engines add HP but there's the work of converting. I'm working on making cases and kits for the 125 MX conversion due to all the big bore stroker options for those engines. You may want to look at a stock shifter based MX 125 engine stroked and bored those things can be 144-165cc lots of already done stuff out there. Really these days you have a ton of options. Figure your budget and then a little research you'll find some thing. BTW. Those 390 are nothing to shun they make some crazy HP.

Also if ur a lighter guy, don't rule out some 116's. I'm at 346lbs with a H20 116 and so far its tops against the big 250's and the 450's. Also agree built 390's are pretty damn stout

:p i had taken a job in another state and gained alot of weight while i was away before i left i scaled around 375 i felt horrible when i crossed the scales at 400.....375 on excentrik with clone 400 on phaze with clone.......but yes i need all i can get as i am a bigger guy lol and tim taft i sent you a message

Back