Big block 4 stroke modifieds for grattan and mid-ohio

Smooth_1

Attention DART Kart Club (Captain Jack), There were a few big blocks running in Sprint Open at Daytona. Will these engines be allowed in the the 2 WKA National Events your club is facilitating?
Thanks for listening........

Steve

Steve, where you been? Haven't heard from you in a while. Are you still racing? We didn't get out much last year, once or twice was it. Dave.

The big blocks that we ran at Daytona were very mild open 440s. At NCCars we will be running 45/50 hp big blocks. The "big 4cycle revolution" has just started!

Hi Dave, Yes! I'm still racing. 2013 was hectic for me. Working way too many hours, my daughter got married and a few health issues kept me off the track. I know Andy says "Hi". We were just talking the other day how we both miss our talks with you......

Lots of toys to play with this year. I have a TaG set up for road racing. I also have a very mild open BIG BLOCK to run with the Cole brothers in CES. As always, I have my killer Animal. I might do some street racing with it this year.

Thanks for dropping me a line and say "Hi" to the boys for me. Hope to see you at the track.

Hi Bob,

Very impressive show at Daytona. I know you had carb problems in the Parson's video, but still had enough to take care of the TaGs. Are you planning on running the WKA events at Grattan or Mid Ohio?

Yes, life has been a little hectic here also. Scott and Jon will be getting married this year also, Scott in June, Jon in Oct. Jon living in Virginia has posed a racing problem as he is far away now and has purchased a house with the "wife to be". Scott is still in the area. He did try a little Sprint race this past Summer at Badger. He hadn't been in a Sprinter for at least 15 years, but had a good time, got her going pretty good before the weekend was over. Pretty hectic compared to the Road Race pace.

Has Andy gotten snowed in? I heard there was/is a pretty bad storm down South, hope he's OK. What is the "Big Block" you have?

Keep in touch,

Dave.

Bob,

Hope you, Parsons and others bring their BIG BLOCKS to the mid-west to road race. Both Grattan and Mid-Ohio are ideal track to show off the attributes of those big blocks. Hope to see you later this year..........

Steve

Please tell us about the big blocks. What all is involved? Where can one go get more info? Pics or video anywhere (links)?

Thanks
Bruce Peck - Indy

Ummmmmm Guys especially the stock briggs guys that are talking on here(Steve and Bruce). About these so called big blocks save your money build a Limited Mod Animal I think they ran with us at Daytona they sound good in the pits may have even got a pit trophy lol (just joking) but I don't think they could even come close on the track but then again I don't know if they were running the 45-50 hp blocks. Because I know my LM animal is only about 16hp on my dyno. As my buddy Dave Evans says JMO. For the bigger guy the LM is a perfect class.

Denny Smith

I have no intention of building one Denny (the big block that is). I'm just always curious. I'm still considering the LM because I am one of those "bigger guys" of which you speak, but geez, it still doesn't do me any good though if you thinner guys are in the class LOL.

options

Steve, Then theres two options us little guys gain some weight or you big guys get smaller lol and its always tuff to beat those real little guys.

The 440s that we ran at Daytona were very mild proof of concept builds. We were waiting for pistons that ended up not working. We used stock pistons and built the engines that we ran in less than a week. This was over the Christmas Holidays. No dyno time just run unproven motors. Jeremy did bring a 41 hp version but it was not used. Like I said the big big block revolution has just begun.
Ummmmmm Guys especially the stock briggs guys that are talking on here(Steve and Bruce). About these so called big blocks save your money build a Limited Mod Animal I think they ran with us at Daytona they sound good in the pits may have even got a pit trophy lol (just joking) but I don't think they could even come close on the track but then again I don't know if they were running the 45-50 hp blocks. Because I know my LM animal is only about 16hp on my dyno. As my buddy Dave Evans says JMO. For the bigger guy the LM is a perfect class.

Denny Smith

Who was running these big block motors at daytona? Just trying to get a sense of how quick the "mild" ones were compared to the mods.

Mike Stroik

Hi Mike,

Jeremy Parsons ran 2:41 at Daytona. He was running an upright Margay chassis. It looks like a 43.5 inch wide offset G-Man nose with side panels. Not sure if he had a full floor pan. The motor ran on gas and was lumping along at 6900 rpm. There is a short You Tube video of one of his laps at Daytona. That engine on your kart with aero package you could knock another 8 to 10 seconds off. And the 41 hp application would be something very special..........

Steve

Back