Black flagging back markers at GoPro Motorplex

It depends on the rules. I've been to a lot of races where if your getting lapped you have to pull off. I believe koc had the rule as well.

I could see that working on a circle track like KOC or a dirt track but this is a large sprint paved course. Its easier to let someone go and have them pass you. Issue with dirt karting I saw and lap traffic is the karts being lap wouldn't let you go and try to wreck you.

I think we are talking about club racing in this thread, I may be mistaken tho but if it is with the decline in kart counts how are you going to retain the new racer in the local option starter class if they get halfway thru a race and get blacked flagged. If this was a national for a major purse different story , but this is the get your feet wet and learn how to drive class not the we are all pros so get off the track you are not good enough class seems to me this makes that class exclusive not inclusive . No new racers shops not selling parts ...

I'd add if a new racer wanted to stop racing at a track because they got black flagged then odds are they won't be very successful anywhere. Quitters rarely are. If it happened to me I'd be working twice as hard to make sure it didn't happen again. Why does everyone need to be babied so much? Let's just give everyone a trophy too. Yes I'm exaggerating slightly but the point is valid.

Actualy a lot if club racers show up at track saturday morning and load up saturday night and dont look at kart until raceday, they buy parts and like what they have , not the newest or best equipment. But enjoying the day with family and friends. Just curious as to ŵhat the leader of that race with a 20 sec lead thought , we both know him and are all freinds , but i am betting he didnt care if they got blacked flagged or not.i think that it it bothers a racer with good equipment and skill that he may encounter lapped traffic that maybe the beginers class is not for him, afterall are you going to be proud of a little club trophy that you won beating racers way out of your league , i sure wouldnt be.

Back