block choices

Evanguy

I'm new to these motors but not new to build motors, so I'm just learning the in's and out's of these motors

i have a 212 block from princess auto, it looks like a predator block but uses all Honda/clone internals

so all the internals I've bought are for Honda/clones so I put it in this section

I'm just wondering about block selection since I'm doing a pretty intense build

my options for blocks in my price range are basic 70mm predator block, oem Honda block bored to 70mm or a Tillotson 212R 70mm block

i believe the Tillotson would be the best but OEM Honda could very well work too

From my understanding the tillotson block is supposed to be a better block of the 3. What are you using the engine for? If racing you may want to look at your local tracks rules.

Tillotson is a great braced block but very soft . Jet Payne sources a block from China that is much harder materiel similar to the wildcat block ec sells . Honda is another great block . I've broke several of the blocks mentioned but have never broke a honda.

Thanks for the replies. It gives me lots more to read about. I plan to turn high rpm and lots of power.

I'm building a drift cart with a load of rpm range to work with once I'm out crooked. I'm not competing and only driving it for fun on my own.

I'm thinking about doing a build thread on the motor but I don't see many of them on here so I'm not sure if that's something you guys are interested in or is this site more of a karing site opposed to engine building

I'm currently machining and building a DUCAR 265cc engine. It's taking a little time because I'm also building the jigs to machine the parts. The engine will be fully tuned EFI using a speeduino, It's to be mounted on a SOLO go kart chassis, these normally take a Rotax.

https://www.diygokarts.com/communit...uild-with-full-efi-control-gx200-clone.48159/

This won't be a fast build, but I've got most of the parts, I've just welded up the second block, this time a little like 'Pauls Karts' block.
Not sure if the bigger piston is worth all the hassle for the 40cc, the biggest improvement is on the head, get it flowing with big valves. The gx160 head has the advantage of already being a 14cc head instead of a 22cc. I've had a good look at the DUCAR 200 head, and it's better than the cheap 160 purchased from gx parts retailer, but it's 22cc.

Last edited:
I'm currently machining and building a DUCAR 265cc engine. It's taking a little time because I'm also building the jigs to machine the parts. The engine will be fully tuned EFI using a speeduino, It's to be mounted on a SOLO go kart chassis, these normally take a Rotax.

https://www.diygokarts.com/communit...uild-with-full-efi-control-gx200-clone.48159/

This won't be a fast build, but I've got most of the parts, I've just welded up the second block, this time a little like 'Pauls Karts' block.
Not sure if the bigger piston is worth all the hassle for the 40cc, the biggest improvement is on the head, get it flowing with big valves. The gx160 head has the advantage of already being a 14cc head instead of a 22cc. I've had a good look at the DUCAR 200 head, and it's better than the cheap 160 purchased from gx parts retai

If you need help getting Speedunio on
It let me know.

Last edited:
Thanks, I've got a VEMS unit on my Kit Car, I'll be using the full tuner studio package to run closed loop. I'm a little way off the exciting part, still machining the engine parts, also need to alter the kart chassis for an inboard sprocket.

Back