Bouncing bad

F1F21

So this past weekend we made some changes to the kart and it was night and day better and I was able to finally break the top 5 in a very competitive class here in CA. My issue now is right in the center on the corner it’s like I’m back in my rodeo days and bouncing and bucking all over the place. No matter how much I backed up the corner and changed my entry, right at the apex it would bounce. Very tight bull ring decently banked. Running phantom stalker on Burris treads. Not sure what other info someone will need but I do know that if I can get the bouncing gone I’m very confident I can keep moving forward and break into the top 3 any and all advice is welcome and greatly appreciated!

What were the changes you made ?
Changed RF spindle angle and moved the RR out 1/4”. That was just at the track adjustments. The biggest thing changed during the week in the shop was sitting the seat up 13 degrees to close to straight up to get less rear weight. I do have more pills coming from PRC as I only have .5’s right now and feel I may be limited with front end adjustment who only those as well as adjustable cassette as well.

Changed RF spindle angle and moved the RR out 1/4”. That was just at the track adjustments. The biggest thing changed during the week in the shop was sitting the seat up 13 degrees to close to straight up to get less rear weight. I do have more pills coming from PRC as I only have .5’s right now and feel I may be limited with front end adjustment who only those as well as adjustable cassette as well.
Good chance setting the seat up to straight you've increased the VCG to much causing the bounce. Are you racing dirt or asphalt ?

Good chance setting the seat up to straight you've increased the VCG to much causing the bounce. Are you racing dirt or asphalt ?
Dirt. I guess I could lay the seat back a bit but being a bigger fella I think I’m gonna plow like a dump truck with too much rear weight lol. I’m running an 11 on the RR and was contemplating ordering a set of Hoosiers as they seal to have a stiffer side wall. Would that help with bounce or would I be wasting my money because it wouldn’t make a difference?

Dirt. I guess I could lay the seat back a bit but being a bigger fella I think I’m gonna plow like a dump truck with too much rear weight lol. I’m running an 11 on the RR and was contemplating ordering a set of Hoosiers as they seal to have a stiffer side wall. Would that help with bounce or would I be wasting my money because it wouldn’t make a difference?
Might help it slightly but I wouldn't count on the Hoosiers stopping the bounce, if you lay the seat back and do get a push ( which I don't think you will ) there are other adjustments to fix the push, being a big fella having the seat to high just is not gonna work.

Might help it slightly but I wouldn't count on the Hoosiers stopping the bounce, if you lay the seat back and do get a push ( which I don't think you will ) there are other adjustments to fix the push, being a big fella having the seat to high just is not gonna work.
Well as far as handling goes outside of the bounce I have zero complaints. I can run the bottom or top just need to get the bounce to go away. I couldn’t ever get comfortable with the seat laid back and after sitting it up right I gained 4 tenths. So I’m hoping to figure something else out besides the seat angle to help because I feel I would go backwards laying it back down. I could be 150% wrong tho hahahahaha

Well as far as handling goes outside of the bounce I have zero complaints. I can run the bottom or top just need to get the bounce to go away. I couldn’t ever get comfortable with the seat laid back and after sitting it up right I gained 4 tenths. So I’m hoping to figure something else out besides the seat angle to help because I feel I would go backwards laying it back down. I could be 150% wrong tho hahahahaha
What air pressures are you using, left and rights ?

Bouncing is it's either really bouncing up and down over bumps or it's about a tire letting loose and gripping again.

Which is it and if it's a tire or tires letting loose which tire or tires are doing it?

Same tire pressure mostly. Went down the .5 to get the stagger we wanted. And it’s bouncing up and down all 4 tires and the track was very smooth. Running Burris tires 33’s

Whats your left side %. Too low of left side % means your overloading right sides, thus creating hop. Keep adding left till no more hop then tighten kart back up with tires.

Whats your left side %. Too low of left side % means your overloading right sides, thus creating hop. Keep adding left till no more hop then tighten kart back up with tires.
Planning to re scale in the next few days and see where I am. When you say tighten up with tires, how exactly do you mean?

Same tire pressure mostly. Went down the .5 to get the stagger we wanted. And it’s bouncing up and down all 4 tires and the track was very smooth. Running Burris tires 33’s
Post #5 you say 11 on RR, is that correct with other 3 being 33s or are all 4 33s ?

Ceaser could be correct, it could be to high VCG, it could be with 4 lb split rights slip then grip, slip then grip thus the hop, or if you are running an 11 on RR only that could be causing it, first I would close split 2.5 lb see if it gets better or worse, if worse then open it up 2 more lb and see what happens.

Ceasar could be correct, it could be to high VCG, it could be with 4 lb split rights slip then grip, slip then grip thus the hop, or if you are running an 11 on RR only that could be causing it, first I would close split 2.5 lb see if it gets better or worse, if worse then open it up 2 more lb and see what happens.
Post #5 you say 11 on RR, is that correct with other 3 being 33s or are all 4 33s ?
I was wrong I’m running 33’s I had an 11 on a few races ago

Left side on big guys need to out of the box on some phantoms. What phantom is it. Or a simple fix is to go up in air all the way around , go crazy with it 2 lbs or more to see what happens.

Back