BSP 212 shortblocks running against 196 Clones?

Also 1 fast tiller ..you also said in another post that you were gonna run your ported head ..at a track that has told you that there a no porting track ..just about every track in Florida is a no port rule ..all because of the arka rule book ..so thinking others are cheating and I'm sure there is with tech that goes no deeper than the carb ...I'd definitely would make sure that your motor is legal also .
Thanks for the advice. We are 100% legal. As soon as I found out about the special “Florida” version of AKRA rules I went out and bought a new, unported head, I would never allow my son to cheat or know we cheated for a win.

But the real question should be asking what would a 16cc smaller engine run like in that same plate class. Asking for a friend
I'd bet 16cc advantage in a plate class would be huge! It would dominate and as long as the track is only checking carbs and plates and the occasional valve spring, it would never be noticed which is what I think is going on at some places...

I'd bet 16cc advantage in a plate class would be huge! It would dominate and as long as the track is only checking carbs and plates and the occasional valve spring, it would never be noticed which is what I think is going on at some places...
I thought Nascar went smaller CI when plates came out?

This all just might depend on if is a spec gear class or not. And if that said spec gear is designed to slow the kids down by running a higher numerically ratio.

If you can get close enough to look at blocks, the hemi blocks all have g200 on the front of them stamped/etched near the oil sensor hole, and non hemi blocks have R210III marked in that same spot, its a clear fool proof way to tell the difference

Easiest way to tell is the hemi motor has a dull, rough almost sandblasted finish. The non Hemi's have a more smooth and slightly shiny finish. U put a non hemi head on a hemi motor and it is pretty obvious. But as stated above, the markings on the block will tell u. But from a distance look at the finish of the block and head. U can tell if they don't match.
Except when the block has no numbers. And a .065 undersized bore

Attachments

• 20191013_103225.jpg
    20191013_103225.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 102
^^^ Thats true there seems to be some discrepancy in the output shaft size
as well !
Those apper to be no stock fastners 😎 there appers to be an unapproved shaft in this particular model . Hey its buyer beware , 10 seconds or 10 feet which ever comes first ......😉

Last edited:
^^^ Thats true there seems to be some discrepancy in the output shaft size
as well !
Those apper to be no stock fastners 😎 there appers to be an unapproved shaft in this particular model . Hey its buyer beware , 10 seconds or 10 feet which ever comes first ......😉
I have no idea where that shaft came from, or what purpose it serves lol;). The .065 undersized bore isn't used to build small bore motors, it will be stock diameter sometime later today.

Rix tech tools (Lewis Stout) has at fixture for checking thru the spark plug hole, very useful tech tool, I use in quiet often in the tech, not very expensive but the 3” indicator gets pricy..

Attachments

• 3C600641-F760-451A-A90A-3834B90ADE80.jpeg
    3C600641-F760-451A-A90A-3834B90ADE80.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 28
Back