Buller Bama 250

ttownwideglider

Kermit got new website and has the new Bama 250 on it. He is posting the hp at 80+. If thats true then the 2 stroke is back in business and the big 4s just lost a lot of their advantage. Doesnt say what the weight of the unit is. Gotta be somewhat lighter than the 450s and especially the 70lb Jawa. Check out the new dual carbs awsome looking setup. Cant wait to see how Bulldog does with it at the Nationals. That will be a good test venue, if he can get the kart dialed in good.

Went across the scales at the Big O @ 402 with Sudam!!
Had to add 15lbs to make 432 on a 430 wt :)
appox 18lbs more than 131 with more HP!!!!!
I'm sure it will take some seat time to dial it in...
Sounds like Fun to me :D

Just got my crank and cylinder for the Rotary valve 250. Yeah boy I can't wait to get this pup together for next year.

Can't wait to see yours run Eddie

Frankie

Hey Ed a stock SSudam weighs about 32lb. So that would make the BBama about 50lb. Good luck at dump vall hope ya show those young pups something. Us 60 plus guy still got some kick a$$ in us.

Anyone have an idea what Kermit is getting for those new carbs. Wonder what the mm of the venturi is? They sure look real cool and all billet. Wonder if they would fit a Cr 250 without too much custom work?

Kermit got new website and has the new Bama 250 on it. He is posting the hp at 80+. If thats true then the 2 stroke is back in business and the big 4s just lost a lot of their advantage. Doesnt say what the weight of the unit is. Gotta be somewhat lighter than the 450s and especially the 70lb Jawa. Check out the new dual carbs awsome looking setup. Cant wait to see how Bulldog does with it at the Nationals. That will be a good test venue, if he can get the kart dialed in good.
HP is for Dyno/Tuners ego's What are the torque numbers?

They are 32mm I think. I am putting two HR181 tillys on my 250. I am just going to run on gas first then go ally after I get a handle on the old gal.

Hey Yammi what kinda rotary 250 are you building? Is Taft doing the cylinder and valve for ya? Sent you a post asking you to get some good video of the heats and for sure the feature at Dump Vall nat if you can. Whish I was going to be there have fun man.

Hey Bulldog heard you ran the 131 at the GN. Just wondering why not the Bama 250. Does it not preform alot better tham the Sudam. Got me baffled and not considering spending the small fortune to get Kermits new bad boy. Got a open 125 might just add to if thats the case. Mitch

ED's said it all in the post above,with that group you just don't put the weight on and race. Balance, Balance, Balance, Tires Tires Tires Gear Gear Gear he has a great notebook on the 131, there for dance with the one that brung you.

The GN wasn't the race to go and test 'n' tune the new BAMA250. Ed got a great 3rd place finish with the Sudam considering all the other power plants he was up against. One race you shouldn't have all your irons in the fire at the same time.

Brian #89

I am building the rotary with cases Tim is doing for me with an 08 KTM 250 exc. the EXC puts out more torque than the SX. Going to put twin 181 Tillys on her on gas at first then go to alky and porting after I figure it out stock. Should be a fun ride for sure. I can't wait until it's all done.

Frankie

Hey Bulldog heard you ran the 131 at the GN. Just wondering why not the Bama 250. Does it not preform alot better tham the Sudam. Got me baffled and not considering spending the small fortune to get Kermits new bad boy. Got a open 125 might just add to if thats the case. Mitch

I don't think Ed's Sudam is much cheaper than the 250. Ed has a billet Buller Sudam, way more expensive than a regular Sudam including cast 131s. As someone well stated above the GN wasn't the best place to try the new monster in town. I was helping Ed all Saturday and he is an extremely wise guy. His decision to run what he had dialed worked out pretty good for him. Running a kart at 430 lbs makes it a very different kart.

Back