Buller twin carbs loading up

Just got my new reeds from John Hilton. Big thanks to John. Big reeds for all who asked. To late to start without upsetting the neighbors. Can't wait till tomorrow.

Hoppy

John,

Put it back together and it wouldn't fire. Got plenty of spark but doesn't seem to be drawing fuel. What do you think? BTW it fired right up before I took carb and reeds off.

Hoppy

Hopp, take the tops off the carbs, spray some carb. cleaner down into the inlet needle and work it up and down some, then get carb. kits and replace the pumper diaphrams.

John,

Put it back together and it wouldn't fire. Got plenty of spark but doesn't seem to be drawing fuel. What do you think? BTW it fired right up before I took carb and reeds off.

Hoppy

You most likely put the gasket on backwords and your pulse holes are blocked. this aint no yamaha lol.

Need to look at carb to manifold gasket, very easy to reverse and have the pulse holes blocked, sometimes need to trim the holes to clear partial blockage, fine pointed X-acto blade works fine.

Ok Seems to have vacuum now. Still no start. Have to charge battery for starter now. will post this afternoon results. Can't be anything major.

Hoppy

ok here we go. Engine was starting and running no problem. Broken reed was causing performance issues but otherwise engine started effortlessly. I removed carb and reeds. John replaced the reeds. Thanks John. I stored carbs in a sealed plastic bag. I have reinstalled everything. Carb has vacuum as indicated when I put my hand over opening to choke engine in an effort to get it to draw some fuel. A look at the fuel lines shows me that no fuel is moving through the line. So I have vacuum from the crank case I believe. (suction on hand when I choke carb) Yet no fuel going through lines????What could it be?

Hoppy

Check those gaskets, even the ones on both sides of the reed block, make sure you can pass a 1/8" drill shank thru the pulse holes, and change those pumper diaphrams. That think should fire up in less than 15 sec. Don't waste time and effort cranking if you can't see fuel moving up the lines, that's why I always use clear line. Also don't try to use purge gas hooked up to both carbs, single will do because air from duals is correct for amount of air duals pull in, don't need to fool with needles that way.

Last edited:
Back