Burris 33's vs Cobra tires

(Sometimes I wish I did better at choosing what tire to use. LOL).

The question is, if it were an open Burris slick rule could I reduce my inventory by carrying a couple different compounds? I'm guessing the answer is no but I wouldn't think I'd need more tires.
Hahaha Don't we all.

Running 2-3 classes, I'm saying you'll need more than what what you have.

Last edited:
after a night of rain went out on a tacky super fast track at Ashway three drivers in the heat race on cobra tires were so far behind they all switched back to Burris. One driver couldn't keep it on the track spun out three times and had to sit out the race. unless it's a rule, I'd say save your money. top cobra driver accused us Burris racers of cheater motors said we were so far ahead there was no way. LOL

after a night of rain went out on a tacky super fast track at Ashway three drivers in the heat race on cobra tires were so far behind they all switched back to Burris. One driver couldn't keep it on the track spun out three times and had to sit out the race. unless it's a rule, I'd say save your money. top cobra driver accused us Burris racers of cheater motors said we were so far ahead there was no way. LOL
Wonder how they were prepping them?

any tire should have stuck with no prep at all. the person who kept spinning works closely with the local hot shot tire guy.

From our short experience with the Cobras, they don’t work in those conditions like Burris do.
Is Ashway open tire ?

Guess that shoots holes in the recommendation they don't need prepped, which anyone with any experience at all already knew, for those wet conditions there's not a kart tire made that will hook up without chemical.

Guess that shoots holes in the recommendation they don't need prepped, which anyone with any experience at all already knew, for those wet conditions there's not a kart tire made that will hook up without chemical.
Vega said almost the same thing lol, but I don’t know what “spec” tire they are talking about....
9ED31634-A769-4F25-A3E4-A3628C0F1E4C.png

We just ran a set of cobra tire last weekend at GKK. I have to say I was impressed. They punched about 54, and required about 6 and 5 psi.
I have run burris at ashway, I've talked to my tire guy and I think we have a plan. I will say this with both tires they don't require a lot of outside prep.
I feel under the right conditions either tire will work.

From our short experience with the Cobras, they don’t work in those conditions like Burris do.
Is Ashway open tire ?
No, Burris 33's on flat karts and 55's on champs. They opened it up to Burris or Cobra's in the predator classes mid last year.

Back