Burris slicks

bullerman

Why aren't Burris slicks used in the South? I don't know anybody here that runs Burris tires except for grooves. I believe when I first started racing they didn't make Vega or Maxiss kart tires. I ran some kind of Burris tires. What's the reason. I see a lot of good deals on 33's.

Why aren't Burris slicks used in the South? I don't know anybody here that runs Burris tires except for grooves. I believe when I first started racing they didn't make Vega or Maxiss kart tires. I ran some kind of Burris tires. What's the reason. I see a lot of good deals on 33's.
Karter wants the fastest tire and that is the Maxxis. Burris is located in CA., Maxxis is here in SC.

Karter wants the fastest tire and that is the Maxxis. Burris is located in CA., Maxxis is here in SC.
I'll agree that Burris won't hang with Maxxis on a high bite up southern red clay track - that's for sure. I think there are other brands that can be made fast, but the spec tire deals put a stranglehold on outside sales. Burris does have their niche in the spec tire market, and they certainly last a lot longer and hold their speed better than Maxxis. Guys being competitive on 5 year old Burris is common...Guys being competitive on 5 year old Maxxis is all but unheard of.
Burris is located in CA - but made in PA (USA.) Maxxis importer is located in SC, but made in ROC (China.)

Racers definitely want whatever is fastest - that's what keeps shops like yours and mine in business. We're willing to work with whatever tire they are allowed to run and get the most out of it. ;)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

tracks follow the money. they will typically run what they think will benefit the track owner ($$$). Right now Cobra tires are trying their best to get a hold of east TN. and The Reaper tire is putting up money wherever they can.

tracks follow the money. they will typically run what they think will benefit the track owner ($$$). Right now Cobra tires are trying their best to get a hold of east TN. and The Reaper tire is putting up money wherever they can.
There is a track close by under new management that seems to be pushing the reaper tire and box stock project motors really hard.. Hard enough for me to think there is $$$ behind the push

1. a year or two back a race was held at Dawgwood where there were both Maxxis and Burris tires in different classes. same drivers same karts, same night and the Burris was faster. everyone chimed in But the weather, but the temp but... but... but...
take it or leave it.
2. I think, to great detriment to our sport, tires are what is keeping this sport from growing. I think going to a cheap tire like the reaper and cobra might be a good option for predator classes where people want to try it out on older equipment, $200 engines and cheap tires. nobody wants to stay in the sport whey you keep getting beet by the local tire guy because he wants the 100% payback from the bigger predator classes.

Back