Can anyone explain

Per many years ago if I'm remembering correctly:

The RF tire became bigger because of the increased demands put on the RF tire for many reasons.

The very first explanation I remember for going to a bigger/wider RF tire was to help get rid of heat from the increased work the RF tire was now doing.

Weather or not it was the correct answer or maybe just the answer those in the know like Chris Gabehart, JWD, Pat Donaldson and maybe even Harrel back then wanted to give, could also be debated.

Cross also effects stagger.
... :) I think the real smart guys, not me, think about stagger as just another tool to be used to help use your right side tires properly. ... :)
It took that many square inches to disapate the heat that was created, then the problem of not heating quick enough caused cutting 😂 😆

increasing the RF grip will need to be done with camber and dynamic weight transfer around the corner or lack of weight transfer. if you need front end grip and are within the numbers the solution is not adding weight to the front end its adjusting camber, caster, decreasing cross or subtracting weight. whoever started these ideas of fixing a front end by adding weight is like fixing a lean carburetor by restricting the exhaust. saying things like planting the right front confuses the situation because the kart's front end geometry is designed to UNLOAD it.
people are somehow under the impression that high cross is "Fast" and will adjust and compromise the entire kart for large cross numbers. People hated my Axiom because it was so hard to keep up with. it ran down every modern chassis out there and it handled like a dream with 61% cross. someone just posted an email from Phantom with the factory telling people to stop adding weight to the front and keep the cross 65-64% but every tom dick and harry on here will ignore that because they know better because high cross= speed and I need me some speed.
I may have confused you with what I meant.

I didn’t mean adding weight to increase nose. I meant adjust spindles/pills to increase the weight distribution in that specific wheel.

This was a drastic change we made between practice and heat races. I’m sure we were masking another problem somewhere.

Cross can't be discussed in any way accurately because cross is just a number gathered from different perspectives.
You have cross and then you have cross and changes in cross being done either to both RF and LR the same.
Or only changed at the RF.
Or only changed at the LR.
Or some other of the infinite ways to change the cross number.
What???? cross does one thing and one thing only it adjusts traction from the front to the rear or vice versa. I understand it has gone over the cliff and increasing the cross on a chassis that is over the hump will continue to mate the rear worse. it is still a front/ rear traction balancing device.

I may have confused you with what I meant.

I didn’t mean adding weight to increase nose. I meant adjust spindles/pills to increase the weight distribution in that specific wheel.

This was a drastic change we made between practice and heat races. I’m sure we were masking another problem somewhere.
if you adding cross by adding washers to the top of the kingpin on the right front in trying to increase front end grip you going the wrong direction. if you want to plant the right front in that way you would need to go to + caster in the rf not the - you have from the manufacturer.

Back