Caster Blocks

And here I thought that was called the spindle "yoke."
Hmmm.
I've always thought of a yoke, in this instance, as a U-shaped piece, with in-line holes, that the spindle slipped into and the kingpin slipped through both to hold them together.

I'm sorry, but an ad on Google is just not a good reference for me.

I've always thought of a yoke, in this instance, as a U-shaped piece, with in-line holes, that the spindle slipped into and the kingpin slipped through both to hold them together.

I'm sorry, but an ad on Google is just not a good reference for me.
What you described is a yoke IMO
But we better ask JP and Brian first

Truth when i hear yoke I think of the Bible

When you say yoke to me i think of a driveshaft
Google agrees
Spindle tube
https://www.google.com/search?q=spindle+yoke&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=spindle+tube&tbm=shop&*
Spindle yoke
https://www.google.com/search?q=spindle+yoke&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#tbm=shop&q=spindle+yoke&*

Who builds your spindles now that Wards isnt any more?

Ward never made spindles for us -- they made 5 chassis - that's a whole other story.
I build my own spindles (about 50% are threaded for use with our threaded king pin weight jacks.)
We have used PMI spindles and components for many years as well.

I agree, Al, I don't use Google as my "go-to" source for knowledge. ;)
Remember when the spindles used to have a yoke (U-shaped piece) as part of the spindle -- then it became popular to have the yoke part welded on the frame. My calling the barrels "yokes" came from that era I suppose. Later caster plates, then "L" brackets came along and here we are today arguing over what to call that "thing" that holds the spindle bearings.
PMI calls them spindle barrels - I guess that's the appropriate name for the part now. After all, they supply many of the chassis manufacturers with their components.

It's all good -- you guys hash it out. :)

I'm not saying YOU don't know the difference. I run 0 degrees caster indoors with a 10 degree spindle. Should I try a 5 degree? would it make a difference?

Your fast enough to know that whatever spindle you chose is fine lol.

Here's another twist we run stock Xpect spindles on our Phenoms. Brand mixing oh boy is that allowed.....

Back