Cheater motor

You remember me saying 1 day the 206 would fit dirt oval karting?
My guess the money makers in the hobby would push against it more but pull it out of the box and run it
No, I don't recall you being supportive of Briggs for a loooooong time, Jamie. LOL
I love the 206 package, especially when you consider you can grow with it from rookie class through adult classes, then cut the seals and make it into a BP animal, limited, or small block open. Personally, I like the "super stock," or "Jr wing" versions of this engine which keep the cost down but the performance up.
I've been pushing the 206 for oval racing for 10+ years now and it's still hit and miss. Numbers are increasing on dirt, which is good, but the BP animal class is all but dead at this point. Small block open, on the other hand, is growing (I can't explain that one.) Winged Outlaw cage karts have adopted the 206 package over most of the country and that has been a bright spot as well.
If folks would look outside of their oval shaped boxes and see what the 206 has done to sprint racing, it would raise some eye brows for sure. We're seeing pavement tracks that were on the verge of going under just a few years ago now doing total repaving of their tracks (several this year alone) and major upgrades to sprint track facilities. That money is coming from somewhere. When you get 500+ entries for a race that pays nothing, some oval promoters should start taking notice.

All that being said...the key to any class/engine is still going to be solid tech. Sealed or not, claimed or not, the engines need to be regularly teched.

No, I don't recall you being supportive of Briggs for a loooooong time, Jamie. LOL
I love the 206 package, especially when you consider you can grow with it from rookie class through adult classes, then cut the seals and make it into a BP animal, limited, or small block open. Personally, I like the "super stock," or "Jr wing" versions of this engine which keep the cost down but the performance up.
I've been pushing the 206 for oval racing for 10+ years now and it's still hit and miss. Numbers are increasing on dirt, which is good, but the BP animal class is all but dead at this point. Small block open, on the other hand, is growing (I can't explain that one.) Winged Outlaw cage karts have adopted the 206 package over most of the country and that has been a bright spot as well.
If folks would look outside of their oval shaped boxes and see what the 206 has done to sprint racing, it would raise some eye brows for sure. We're seeing pavement tracks that were on the verge of going under just a few years ago now doing total repaving of their tracks (several this year alone) and major upgrades to sprint track facilities. That money is coming from somewhere. When you get 500+ entries for a race that pays nothing, some oval promoters should start taking notice.

All that being said...the key to any class/engine is still going to be solid tech. Sealed or not, claimed or not, the engines need to be regularly teched.

We've been through tech before though, and if you're running stock you either have limited knowledge or don't have silly money typically.

Both don't matter with a solid enforced claimer. I may not have much money but if I'm sure you're cheating I will protect my investment at all cost. That's why people sell out, all mad at the sport. Never to be heard of again.

The 206 by the way got me into karting 10 years ago and it's amazing how rare they are.

Tech uses the honor system, just like not cheating. Claiming bypasses both.
tech is to find a cheater and disqualify them. claiming is to limit the cheating to a price point. A national engine builder told me once "you can buy the motor from me for $800 or you can buy it from the winners circle for $150" you think the pros pay for their cheated up motors?
One of the DNQ series races they threw out the top 7 or so racers for cheating and the 8th place winner still thanked his engine builder :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

was it a 196 they could convert into a standard unrestricted clone to race with everyone else??
They couldn't convert anything because I owned the engines and kept them all week. I would charge a small entry fee and they would run 1 or 2 classes (different weight) after drawing for their engine sealed and installing on their chassis. Only thing I did to them was checking valve lash nd removing governor, install guard and clutch and were provied with all this and gas/oil, all sealed.

Back