Clone vs Predator

496 BB

If you had the choice for an s/a build which would you prefer and why? Will you really notice the extra cc's in the HF engine?

Will be getting an aftermarket head, s/a carb, cam, max stroke crank (if it fits???), and other things.

What all fits from clones and which is best one to get? I want flattop piston (wiseco) and rod. Dont know anything about these since it seems the are always changing something with them.

well depends on your budget and imagination lol, if on a tight s/a budget a hemi pred with cam s/a carb and some other little things will make great power for the $$$$

Why not use the stock hemi flattop piston or a honda flat top piston over the wiseco? There is no replacement for displacement, so i would definately go with the 212cc block, and whichever head you choose. for me, hemi block and piston, 14cc head milled .060", billet 1.3 roller rockers and black mamba cam, .675 bore stock carb or gx390 carb, billet ARC long rod, adjustable pushrods, stainless 28mm and 25mm valves with 26lb springs and alum retainers with split locking keepers, adjustable ARC flywheel, stroker clone crank so you can use the clone flywheels and rods.

Why not use the stock hemi flattop piston or a honda flat top piston over the wiseco? There is no replacement for displacement, so i would definately go with the 212cc block, and whichever head you choose. for me, hemi block and piston, 14cc head milled .060", billet 1.3 roller rockers and black mamba cam, .675 bore stock carb or gx390 carb, billet ARC long rod, adjustable pushrods, stainless 28mm and 25mm valves with 26lb springs and alum retainers with split locking keepers, adjustable ARC flywheel, stroker clone crank so you can use the clone flywheels and rods.
Dam* (not cursing) Zack....you just answered a 25cent question w/a dollars-worth answer, and...spilled all the beans in doing so! :)

yeah!! what screamer said!! givin away all our secrets fer free!! actually, you've jsut about decribed what i'm going with this year...but!! i'm going to use the 363 bottom end and the 730 head....along with a few other mods!!! :)

good question!! bigger is better!!! i'd like to know also if anyone makes/stocks/has a 10/20/30 over stock predator piston?? the 363 flattop stock piston is great!! if i could get that oversized......

good question!! bigger is better!!! i'd like to know also if anyone makes/stocks/has a 10/20/30 over stock predator piston?? the 363 flattop stock piston is great!! if i could get that oversized......
....'money-talks'! (get a 'bakers' dozen and give me one mikey) :)

i wish i could....last saturday i bought the last 363 predator that the local harbor frieght had...and got me a 730 too!! gonna use the bottom end of the 363 and the top of the 730...with some mods!! hopefully that will put us in a position to win a couple races this coming season!!! but in the mean time, still wodnwering if anyone has or knows where i can get a 10/20 or 30 over stock flat top (read that as 363) piston. do they even make such an animal? and rest assured screamer....if i get any extra's, i have your snail mail address!! :) i gots ya cubbered dude!!!

jsut saw your post about the brews....icehouse.....really, really cold....with pretzels....and nacho's.....and mebbe a long neck with some lime.....ahhh!! summer can't get here soon enough!!!! no wait!! who needs summer? pass me another one, just like the other one!!!!

and buhl27....the 730 head comes with 27/24 valves and split keepers....only need to beef up the springs!!!

Dam* (not cursing) Zack....you just answered a 25cent question w/a dollars-worth answer, and...spilled all the beans in doing so! :)

more like a $100 worth information ;) Still plenty more that can be done that i didnt list, cant let all the cats outta the bag now can we? Lol

i wish i could....last saturday i bought the last 363 predator that the local harbor frieght had...and got me a 730 too!! gonna use the bottom end of the 363 and the top of the 730...with some mods!! hopefully that will put us in a position to win a couple races this coming season!!! but in the mean time, still wodnwering if anyone has or knows where i can get a 10/20 or 30 over stock flat top (read that as 363) piston. do they even make such an animal? and rest assured screamer....if i get any extra's, i have your snail mail address!! :) i gots ya cubbered dude!!!

jsut saw your post about the brews....icehouse.....really, really cold....with pretzels....and nacho's.....and mebbe a long neck with some lime.....ahhh!! summer can't get here soon enough!!!! no wait!! who needs summer? pass me another one, just like the other one!!!!

and buhl27....the 730 head comes with 27/24 valves and split keepers....only need to beef up the springs!!!

Not all 730 heads do mikey, only the ones with the RTC-6 casting. the other 730's have jt-119 heads, i have 2 of them right here, and one with the RTC-6 heads on it. The RTC-6 head also can use clone valve covers, so you can keep the competition guessing ;)

as for the flattop in overbore sizes, order a honda flattop in the overbore size you need, still cheaper than a wiseco. i think the UT2 is the one you want. Or take the stock 363 piston to a machine shop and ask if they can replicate that piston but do it in .010 or whatever size overbore you want. Im sure one will. If they will, order a few extra and sell em here lol

as for the flattop in overbore sizes, order a honda flattop in the overbore size you need, still cheaper than a wiseco. i think the UT2 is the one you want. Or take the stock 363 piston to a machine shop and ask if they can replicate that piston but do it in .010 or whatever size overbore you want. Im sure one will. If they will, order a few extra and sell em here lol

Can you imagine the cost to get a machine shop to replicate a piston?

If you guy's are 'serious' about this....talk 2me!

Back