Clutch ID

2Pricey

Found this sittin on the shelf in my shop, anyone know brand, model, and if it’s worth keeping? Twin disc if that makes a difference, thanks.

Attachments

• FFA6E57A-0179-4E1E-8BFA-4759F5D56973.jpeg
    FFA6E57A-0179-4E1E-8BFA-4759F5D56973.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 19
  • A254FB4A-0499-4B56-BE4E-8FC50871FAA7.jpeg
    A254FB4A-0499-4B56-BE4E-8FC50871FAA7.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 19
  • FF928796-310F-45DF-97BC-10AB6F09803D.jpeg
    FF928796-310F-45DF-97BC-10AB6F09803D.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 20
Mdc is it . Use a bully bell and friction plates . Your back in business. Or source a mdc drum
If the fricton plates are good .

Horstman MDC400 clutch.
Definitely seen better days.
It can be converted to the 8 tab discs if you choose to resurrect this one.
We have the parts in stock if you need. We also offer clutch rebuilding/blueprinting services, but honestly, that clutch would appear to take more money in parts than it will probably be worth. Horstman used a thing stamped backing plate that warps easily. If it were machined back to perfectly true, it would be even thinner yet. Not saying it can't be done - we've done plenty of them, but with all the new parts necessary - you'll have a bundle wrapped up in it.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Horstman MDC400 clutch.
Definitely seen better days.
It can be converted to the 8 tab discs if you choose to resurrect this one.
We have the parts in stock if you need. We also offer clutch rebuilding/blueprinting services, but honestly, that clutch would appear to take more money in parts than it will probably be worth. Horstman used a thing stamped backing plate that warps easily. If it were machined back to perfectly true, it would be even thinner yet. Not saying it can't be done - we've done plenty of them, but with all the new parts necessary - you'll have a bundle wrapped up in it.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
A couple weeks ago you guys helped me ID a reaper i've got, would it make more sense to clean that up instead of this MDC? Or better yet, borrow/source a newer SMC?

A couple weeks ago you guys helped me ID a reaper i've got, would it make more sense to clean that up instead of this MDC? Or better yet, borrow/source a newer SMC?
Reaper is another Horstman clutch without parts or support any longer. They worked well, but if you can't get parts for it, it won't do you much good. If you can come up with an SMC, and it's set up for your application, you will be happy. Keep in mind that this will be yet another different style driver from what you've go.

I have I think probably 13-19 driver/hubs for that clutch. I will need to double check sizes but think all in good shape. $5/each plus $10 shipping

Back